“Japanese as it can be”

Sakura Restaurant Subic
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 8 March 2017

I have been trying to find Japanese restaurants in our town serving not only the famous pinoy favorites Shrimp Tempura and Teriyaki and I have found it. Glad we conquered our reluctant feeling and just followed our guts into entering this hidden Japanese jewel. The hot serving of seafood Ramen was our favorite. It was oozing with earthy flavors we couldn't get enough of it. We also tried the usual california maki and takoyaki. Their serving size speaks for their price. Lastly, to try something different, we ordered fresh Uni. Most of my friends did not enjoy it. I say the Uni wasn't what we were expecting. It tastes like it was caught fresh from the fridge rather than the sea.

The whole experience is great.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

After visiting 3 sites in Bataan, we decided dinner in Subic was an appropriate ending to a long day. Famished, we looked for restaurants but they were so full. We were delighted to find Sakura which was nearly full but still accommodated us in a place full of Japanese and Koreans, a sign of good Japanese food. We loved the sushi and sashimi, which were very tasty. Their ramen is also delicious like others we have tasted. The place is clean and nice. Be careful when parking your car because we nearly got an illegal parking ticket. It was difficult to see the signs indicating the parking slots in the evening.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

The last thing I remembered from this experience was that i was surprised by the servings. I cannot remember the name of what I ordered, but I remember it was more than enough for me and more than enough of what I expected. Well, then I was full. The house tea was very good indeed! Fabulous lunch.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

This is a gem in Subic. Value for money. Dishes were good. Lots of options.

This is what we had that we enjoyed:
- salmon sashimi
- uni sashimi (serving size was so generous)
- shrimp tempura
- squid tempura (amazing)
- edamame

Would come back again next time im here.

2  Thank Francis U
Reviewed 17 August 2016

A Japanese restaurant that serves great sukiyaki is an excellent find, and Sakura exceeded my expectation.