“Average..No wow factor”

Kamana Sanctuary Resort and Spa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Last weekend I visited Kamana Sanctuary Resort and Spa, felt like very average and over sold. Pool is quite small and not very child friendly. There is no sandy beach front from the hotel. Also place is about 15 miles away from the Subic Bay main beach front. In the room everything you needs to request, even simple things like hair dryer. As I was with young children there is not much within the resort to keep them occupied. I paid 7000 PHP per night including with taxes and felt like not worth for the price.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Pumudu

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pros:

1. Great dinner. It was buffet which costs 700.. everything is delicious with one round of drinks. Menu that night was Sinugba or Grilled. You see them grilling while you eat
2. Great breakfast. So many food to choose from.
3. Welcomed drinks was served to us.

Cons:
1. Impossible to dip in the beach because rocks are not very safe. Slippery. Sharp.
2. Hot choco is expensive. I ordered 3 cups. Tasted like cheap instant choco drink. Served in a thermal kettle
3.pool very small but u got no choice

Service was okay. Their food is one of the best i tried.(buffet) The scenery was okay. Not the best. I've seen better ones before.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Our trip to kamana was truly enjoyable. The facilities were first rate. The rooms were spacious, and clean. The staff was very accommodating. They were really going out of their way to make us feel comfortable. Lastly, even as they were fully booked the resort was not crowded.

But they do have a let down. Their beach isn't Boracay. Very far from it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Arriving - No greeting nor smiling faces from the bellboys and guards when you enter the place.

Check in - It was slow, also may I add that the cashier have messed up her calculations ending up in me paying less than I should so I had to point that out to her.

Food - Food was so-so. It took them 30-45 minutes to serve except for the last minute order of Sinigang which went out in less than 10. Kudos to the friendly waiter! ✅

Place - Rooms were prepared upon check in. Clean. 8/10. Nothing “great” about the furniture, but I like the room size, especially the Casita. You’ll get your money’s worth with the view.

Housekeeping - (The next day) Went out of our room by 10 am expecting it would be cleaned when we return but to no avail. I called up guest services at 12:30 asking for my room to be made up so when I return after lunch, I can rest. It’s 2:14 and my room is still a mess.

Beach - Lifeguards in the morning were accommodating. ☀️

Breakfast - Omelettes took forever. Food was mediocre.

Room service - Discriminating. They always declined orders from our house-helpers. Twice.

Guest services - Lousiest of all. I asked If a resident manager was present so I can voice out my concerns but they kept avoiding the interaction.

I can’t express how disappointed I am with this place. Room was good, service was the worst.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Been frequently visiting this place for the last few years. Unlike other hotels in Subic this one is quite far and isolated but prefer it that way. Rooms are big. Beachfront is small and rocky. New year is angood time to visit as the resort has special activities lined up

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5.8 km away
Vista Marina Hotel and Resort
Vista Marina Hotel and Resort
#3 of 29 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Kamana Sanctuary Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!