“I really wanted it to be good!”

Slabs Diner and Steakhouse
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I was so excited for a new steakhouse in the area. The photos and ads looked good. I saw both positive and negative reviews so we decided to give it a try. We were 3 for a late lunch around 1:30 on a Thursday and we ordered the dry aged ribeye, the grilled chicken and the Seafood marinara pasta. Cost for this was 1315peso so it should be very good!
First the positives:
I like the design of the place and the décor.
The Cream of Vegetable soup was good! Served at the correct temperature.
The negatives:
The chicken appeared to be precooked and re-warmed on the grill.. overcooked and dry.
The steak was very thin 200grams for over 750 peso, I ordered medium rare and it came out rare even cold in the middle. The mashed potato was ok, but the gravy was not hot, barely warm. The veggies were under-cooked.
The pasta was warm and sauce ok, but lacking the seafood for over 300pesos. Café France on the NLEX has a better one for 1/2 the price.
So sad to say, we will not return. The price vs quality is way off. Texas Joes and Meat Plus are both better options in this area.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We visited Slabs for lunch. We selected fish and chips, and it turned out to be a very good choice. Large helping, very tastey. The waiter and waitress were helpful and very pleasant easy to joke with.the beer was ice cold. A gentlemsn sat at the next table and we found he was the owner.happy pleasant fellow to chat with.
Iwould not hessitate to return to Slabs again on my next visit. Thsnk you for wonderful meal.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

This is one of the freshest restaurants I've been to and not only in the Philippines every place I've been to in the world! Aside from the great food: Beef Salpicao, Ribeye Steak, Sisig are my favorites so far; the decor is so on point. From the chain link chandeliers, to the sign that's made out of screws, this place exudes creativity and lots of love which also comes out in the flavors of their food. Classic dishes that are turned into soulful dishes. The steaks for instance are dry-aged to perfection. It has the right amount of acidity that gives the meat and fat an amazing aroma. I love the fact they don't season the meat aside from butter. I like having the liberty of putting my own salt and pepper or having the option of dipping it in one of their gravies or a dap of A1 sauce. I'm from San Francisco and I don't know any restaurants that sell dry-aged steaks without costing an arm and a leg. The prices are so reasonable in comparison to the quality of food they serve. Try Kuya Carlo's ice tea for a refreshing, flavorful drink with a nice hint of tang. I broke my ketosis fast just to try it and it was worth every drop. Your tastebuds will love you for it. Above all, what makes this restaurant so great is the staff. They are amazing. Service is excellent. From the servers and down to the line cooks. It seems everyone in there enjoys what they do or doing what they love. You can taste the happiness of Slabs. The owners Astrud and Adel have done a remarkable job and have only added to the strong culinary culture of the Philippines. Thank you Slabs for making my first experience at Subic Bay a great one. Did I tell you I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner there all in one day? LOL!

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I came here for lunch and ordered the schnitzel chicken.

The inside was clean and modern. The staff was friendly and the menu had a little bit of everything.

I chose the chicken schnitzel with salad.

The salad was fresh but the only dressing offered was balsamic vinegar.

The schnitzel was nice. The breeding was crispy, the meat was cooked nice and was moist and flavorful.

The dish also came with a side of rice which was fairly standard plain rice.

All in all the place was decent, I will likely be going back.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I was hesitant to visit this restaurant at first due to some negative reviews from other guests. Good thing we got lost and doesnt have any choice but to stop on this place! We Tried their 350 and 500grams rib eye and IT WAS THE BEST STEAK we have ever tasted! Steaks are "very tender" and full of flavor coz its 21 days dry aged. We also tried their baby back ribs,norwegian salmon,marinara pasta,Slabs salad and house blended tea...my my my! All of their foods are made from the heart! Great and fast service, very warm atmosphere, unique and classy resto design. For those who are complaining about the size of the steak being small because they ordered 200grams and the price is a bit stiff..remember that you are eating a dry aged steak that usually offered by gourmet restaurants and not a fast food so 500pesos of complete meal and i mean complete because that includes 200ml of drink is not expensive at all....oh and their vegetables are cooked fresh and mashed potatoes as well.