“Family Vacation Read the Warning below !!!”

Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel
Reviewed 26 February 2015

It’s a great place to go with family, and I repeat with Family!!! , need to note that options of food are very limited; city is far from hotel... There is no night life...
Now I did my scuba course from there and may be a little pricy but I got the attention that I wanted so I am not complaining, the instructor was awesome and very experienced.
The Oceans Park is next door and if u are living at the hotel they give u a discount, there is a tiger safari and other adventure activities that can be done.

The Staff is friendly and nice,

The Food... Well can be much better there is no Varity at all...

Warning: When u eat food in the restaurant careful of the huge wasps that would sit on ur food, so if u have a toddler or a child u would want to keep one eye so that they don’t get stung!!!!
Overall the place is pleasant and the staff very accommodating on requests...

Room Tip: All rooms are same .. if u want to sit out side with family and have a Beer or Tea .. then take the...
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank arjunraisingh

Reviewed 22 February 2015

Stayed here as I am an avid beach goer. Went with my 6 year old son. We wanted to check out beaches in the subic area and when we realized it was next to ocean adventure I booked this hotel. The beach is good (for a subic beach), drive was peaceful getting here from manila. Took about 2.5 hours. Upon arrival staff were very friendly. The room itself had 2 beds (double or queen size) with a shared balcony overlooking the beach area. The restaurant food was good enough, with a number of choices. We stayed during the weekend and for dinner they had a fire dancing show which we thought was great. We went to ocean adventure which my son loved.

Overall had a good experience here and would come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2015

Spent two days at this resort in a Deluxe room with balcony in close proximity to the Reef Restaurant.

The room is of good size (two Queen beds in it) but the bathroom for some reason came out way too small. Only one sink and a bathtub with stand-in shower (water pressure OK but water temperature dreadful). Not much in terms of bathroom amenities (I like a shower gel being there rather than me carrying mine around). For some reason, the hotel bought their stretching bedsheets too small which means that it snaps as soon as you lay down, revealing a not so nice mattress; a huge turn-off for me.

Good that the resort brands itself as green; how about making the card-activated power really work?

The room also had a minibar which was empty; good thing as we had some food items to store. Funny when you get asked at check-out whether you had any consumptions from the mini-bar.

The TV is of the old (tube) type and the choice of channels leaves a bit to desire; having said that, whatever little was available was of such poor viewing quality that the TV was more of a gadget. Also, the wi-fi is free but ... pretty much unusable, slow speed and very unreliable. Yes, I do realise that this resort is in the middle of the forest but then again they are charging city room rates.

The Reef Restaurant is open which I like. However, is it necessary to have plastic tables and plastic chairs. A little more atmosphere would have been nice. Breakfast buffet was included; reasonable spread but the looks of the buffet was quite appalling. Offerings were not being refilled; in summary, poorly looked after.

Dinner was OK; you must realise that you do not have much of a choice with the nearest restaurant choice being a good drive away.

The upside of this resort is its beach, like the sand, cleanliness, nice water with loads of fish and the highlight was hatching of the turtles which we were able to witness. Talking about wildlife, be careful with the monkeys; they come in troops and have even learned how to open the doors; make sure they are properly locked at all times.

The other good point in the resort is its staff, smiling and accommodating. Shame that guests are not being trusted at check-out when you are requested to wait whilst they check your room (yes, I did take that beautiful mattress and TV home, joke lang!!!).

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank srhmmj
Reviewed 9 February 2015

We travelled in a group of 14 people. On arrival we went straight to the restaurant for lunch. Most of the dishes arrived individually so we were all eating at different times. 2 of our party hadn't got their meals (or drinks) by the time everyone else had finished. Supper was better but the food still arrived at different times. Location is great if you want a beach resort holiday. The room was comfortable, bathroom a bit on the basic side but clean and practical.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anton81500
Reviewed 7 February 2015 via mobile

We first went here in 2010 with my korean in laws and enjoyed the ambience of the place so much that we wanted to return and do what we missed-snorkeling and visit ocean adventure.

And so we went back Dec 2014 to celebrate New Year's 2015 with 8 family members. I made the reservations on line 6 months before because I wanted to make sure this vacation has no hassles.

Before checking in the resort, we went to Ocean Adventure and watched the dolphins and sea lions which were really educational and entertaining.

After the show we went to the resort. We checked in at the front desk at 1.50pm and it took them around 15 minutes to check my booking, pay for the buffet,etc and finally I received two keys for the rooms I wanted-two beach view superior rooms in the 2nd floor near the stairs(rm 314 and 315). They also gave us 2 bottles of water because hub and I looked sweaty.

The rooms are a lot better than last time!
A cozy comforter, bathroom mat, nonslip bath mat, branded toiletries and the same cozy and comfy sleep we always had. This time we went snorkeling for 3 hours and I saw more than 23 kinds of fish and even 2 schools of fish before high tide! My son loves the house reef, too. We only missed a manta ray. We enjoyed much of everything in the hotel and beach.

We had the buffet for dinner and breakfast(inclusive). The food is above average and tasty. We also won two ocean adv shirts for wearing a wedding ring during the New Year's Eve party. And a shore visit from one huge turtle right just before the 2015 countdown!

We went to ocean adv to see the aquarium and buy souvenirs the next day. Check out was also no fuss.

We really enjoyed our visit and wanted to stay for a few more days but we have a plane to catch and only had a week of vacation. It was a memorable experience and thank you Camayan.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Subic Park Hotel
#9 of 29 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
9.3 km away
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#17 of 29 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Camayan Beach Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!