New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Swan View Manor

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cold Spring Harbor
Swan View Manor
New York City, New York
“Gracious staff, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

There is the large victorian house, and what looks like a motel in the parking lot. We were fortunate to stay in the house, for 5 days in 2008. The sitting area/library/dining area was pleasant, with a large porch overlooking the harbor; both the other guests and the staff pleasant to interact with. The staff responded to our special requests graciously. The breakfast was disappointing but adequate: yogurt, bagels etc. This in not a luxurious place, but there are few options in the area, and it certainly is not as horrible as some of the other reviews would make you think. It was well-located, yes, a bit worn but comfortable enough. We are glad we stayed there and would consider it as an option for a future visit.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nytravel111

France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

We stayed here 8 years ago and it was great. On this occasion the service we received was poor, the staff showed no interest in us. The room was dirty and had exactly the same decor and furnishings from 8 years ago. Breakfast was poor, shop bought packet bagels, orange juice in small cartons with a straw, the worst breakfast I have ever had in a B&B. The dishes were not cleared up from other tables, really not good. For the price I expect much more. The furniture on the front deck was old, dirty and falling apart. This place has seriously gone down hill, it is in a lovely location but we will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank LePatioDordogne

Travellers are raving about these Cold Spring Harbor hotels

NY/NJ Metro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2009

I wanted a place to et away for a few days to write. Rather than a commercial motel, I decided on the Swan View because of its location in Cold Spring Harbor. The Harbor is the only thing I enjoyed.

Rooms, as described by others, are sad - reminded me of my grandmother's 70's bedrooms, with purple flowered wallpaper and icky green carpet. Everything is dated, and not in a Victorian, charming way. The main house is shabby, without the chic. The sofas seem intentionally hard and unwelcoming, and I truly can't imagine sitting there for more than a few minutes.

The continental breakfast was sad - worst was that "hot" water came from an office-style water cooler. The tea selection was uninspired, to say the least. One afternoon, when I actually asked for boiling water for a cup, I was greeted with surprise that the tepid watercooler wasn't working for me.

I went to write - I ended up doing my best work in the Huntington Starbucks down the road. I could have gotten the same experience, far more cheaply, at a Motel 6.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
5 Thank peege86
Farmingdale, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2009

We won a gift certificate at a local fundraiser for a night's stay. We unfortunately missed the expiration date by a couple of days and they would not honor the certificate (not even for a percentage off of a room rate). I did not think this was good customer service. I would not consider this place in the future.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank clairefic
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

Arrangements were made for a weekend stay at this quaint inn.

We were very pleasantly surprised to find an IMMACULATELY clean room, with very comfortable mattress. We were even provided with a stool to climb onto the bed since the mattress was that thick.

The bathroom had all the amenities you would find in a multi star hotel (hariblower, shampoo, conditioner, etc). The shower was clean and the towels were oversize and plush.

The hosts were most hospitable and accommodating. We had special dietary requirements, and they stored our food in their refigerator. We ate our meals in the dining room on lace covered tables that overlooked the harbor.

We would recommend this place to anyone thinking of visiting the region and if we plan to be back there again, this is the place we would stay.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendliness
  • Disliked — No grounds
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
East Norwich Inn
#1 of 1 in East Norwich
6.1 km away
Days Inn Woodbury Long Island

Been to Swan View Manor? Share your experiences!