“Great location if you like trains!”
Review of Cold Spring Depot

Cold Spring Depot
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Price range: US$13 - US$21
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We ate lunch here on a lovely fall day on their outdoor patio. The MTA and Amtrak trains go by right beside the restaurant (it WAS once the depot) so be prepared for the noise. But kids love it. The food was tasty and plentiful. I had meatloaf with mashed potatoes--definitely comfort food. Do recommend.

1  Thank LAEwen

Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

Good place to comfort yourself with great burgers or soup. Close to the train station. And in the historical district. Great service!

1  Thank Omar A
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We have been to this restaurant once before during the summer. We loved it's location along the tracks and wanted to return as we drove to Vermont. We sat at the bar and the bartender was very friendly as my spouse went to use the bathroom. I asked for a glass of cabernet. I watched her pour the bottle empty and reach for a different bottle of wine to top it off. I thought she was mixing brands of cabernet which is not cool but maybe snooty of me to notice at a tavern. What was completely unacceptable, was she mixed cabernet with merlot and handed it to me without comment. When my spouse arrived and ordered a cabernet, a merlot was served. We ordered soup and a salad. The wait was about 45 minutes...for soup and salad. She said that our order was put I after a large group. We didn't see a larger group and anyway, it's just SOUP AND SALAD. I think the truth works better, like your order was lost. She did offer us a complimentary glass of wine but we were driving and took coffee instead. When we got the food, it was very good. Why didn't we complain from the start? We just didn't want to deal with it. We wanted to eat and be on our way.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

The Depot is easily accessible to the limited stores within the immediate vicinity of the village and the embarking of the Seastreak ferry. First time individuals disembarking from the ferry with baby carriages or seniors with canes/walkers should be prepared to climb down stairs and up a set of stairs to get to the village.

1  Thank Miriam C
Reviewed 12 November 2016

One of the first chilly days of fall and we wanted to get out of the wind. The Cold Spring Depot was close and we could smell great burgers!
We shared the Brussels sprouts appetizer and then I had the house burger, my Mom had the pulled pork quesadillas and my brother had the bleu burger. Everything was really good.
We came in at the end of lunch rush and I could tell they had been slammed. We had no issues with the timing of our food. Service was unobtrusive and got us just what we needed. We would go back.

1  Thank Elisabeth L