“A Regular's insight: best take-away in Cold Spring, Picnic Heaven!”
Review of Main Course Etc

Main Course Etc
Ranked #22 of 26 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I live in the neighb, and I am in all the time. They are a small, family run, but surprisingly efficient hard working business. There are a few little coffee tables by the front window for a quick bite. They cook and bake on premises. Recipes and offerings rotate, and special things pop up for occasions. From an ex chef, I can tell you most of what they make is above average: all the cold salads, risotto cakes, and especially the bake products, which tend to be sold out by noon, but if you call ahead they will save for you. ANytime the espresso cookies are offered pounce!

Reviewed 27 September 2016

The service is very slow. I ordered this morning two toasted bagels, one with cream cheese and one with butter. She cut both bagels, put them in the toaster, then two other customers came in and she waited on them,completed their orders and then finally went back to the two bagels that were waiting to be buttered 10 minutes later, buttered them, put them in a bag(cold by now). I paid for them and left disgusted for making me wait until she finished taking care of two customers that came in after me. I was there waiting for 12 minutes for two lousy cold tasting bagels. I have only been there twice and both times she did exactly the same thing, that is...Taking care of other customers first while the bagels are in the toaster for 2 min and then finally taking care of them 8 min. later, total disrespect for the customer that came in first. I will never go there again.

1  Thank zobo2735
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Great coffee and lots of little specialty things to eat. Home made lunch items like salads and wraps, great cookies for the kids and adults alike. has become a repeat place for me just for the coffee.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Good food on the run. We were heading down to Boscobel for a Shakespeare play, and needed a meal to eat and picnic down there. They had a great selection of salads, and wraps which they heated up for us. Their food is excellent, made with good ingredients, no MSG or anything you wouldn't want to put in your body. The owner is an amazing cook and a delightful person.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

I always try to purchase scones and coffee in mornings when I am in the office. The scones are the best ever!