“A gem in the historical river town”
Review of Hudson Hil's

Hudson Hil's
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

We visited Cold Spring during the summer and the famous historical river town was as interesting as other seasons that we had visited. This time we managed to a get seats for our family of four with only 15 minutes of waiting time as it was already late afternoon( though there were still people lining up).

The restaurant offers American cuisine and typical American breakfast. Food us simple but nice! They also use a lot of local products and organic products which were very nice. Portion was also very appropriate.

In this very hot summer, I was very happy to try the lunch cal beer the restaurant carried.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Got into town mid morning and we were in the mood for some eggs. My wife had eggs Benedict and I got eggs with andouille, shrimp and corn bread. It daughter had scrambled eggs, ham and avocado. All of the meals were very good and we washed them down with prosecco and peach juice!

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

So I've been here a couple of times in the past but after today I'll prob never visit again. After a long hike I was excited to refuel with an eggs Benedict. When it came I noticed a piece of hair on the potatoes. Sent it back. The waitress assures me they were remaking my order. Came out again. There was a hair in the hollandaise sauce!!! I almost didn't see it but the way the waitress put the plate in front of me I saw it on the egg. Ew so gross esp cuz I sent it back already. I think they just took the potatoes off, gave me new ones and that's it. Anyway she apologized and by then I lost my appetite but got a sandwich anyway cuz I needed it. Sandwich was ok. I was kind of afraid to eat it since I didn't want to comb thru it looking for hair. All in all I didn't have to pay for my meal but disappointed this happened. Service was nice, kitchen not so much.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Great place to get a bite to eat. They serve breakfast all day, but we had sandwiches. Sitting on the front porch is lovely because the people/dog watching is great! Beware that this is a dry establishment, but there are plenty of other beverages available. Food was good and I would have given 5 stars, but there was a little mix up with the order and it took the waitress forever to deliver and pick up our check.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Visited Hudson Hil’s for lunch. Food was outstanding. Home made chips are the best. Good portions. Servers were really good.