“Great food as always”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Service was fast and friendly. Food was absolutely perfect in every way. Really enjoyed it and want to go back soon.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank HR218guy

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Nice place, I really enjoy the way it’s set up, as you walk in take the tables at the fro t windows or on the right, as it’s in the second floor and the windows to the left look at the roof of the gas station next door.
Food was good, the Steak Diane was very tender with great flavor, and the short rib was fall off the bone with yummy horseradish mashed potatoes. I personally ally would have liked a little more seasoning or flavor to the rib. Portions are perfect. Popovers were warm and delightful.
The only true negative was the service, we were the only table there for over half the meal until another table came in, and the server just wasn’t really paying attention. We sat for a while before getting our order taken, and a while after drinks too. It also took quite a while for the food to arrive, and I had to ask to have my water refilled. I might expect that if it’s busy, but he just was not paying attention and talking with his coworker.
If you want good food, try them, but if this service isn’t a fluke, just be prepared for a wait and inattentive staff.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Everyone’s very nice here, whatever you get will be super fresh and well prepared. Having said that, preparations are very simple and perhaps leave me wanting a bit more depth or even flavor. Nice craft cocktails, popovers too! Menu was somewhat abbreviated when we went. Was a bit bummed that the gravlax was not on the menu. Service is very attentive in a folksy way, appropriate for this restaurant. All in all Henning’s is a very good choice in this region with fresh locally grown ingredients. Very casual. Note- A/C vents pointing down on some tables so bring your sweater.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

My first time in Narrowsburg and my first meal when i got there. So damn good my expectations after that all went down hill. I would eat here over and again. I had the sesame rainbow trout...divine! My husband played safe with a burger but even that he says was juicy and hit the spot just right. We had a caesar salad and the dressing coated the greens perfectly. Drinks on point even the popovers...c'mon now who serves popovers nowadays :) Decor, ambience, our server...all wonderful! Henning's we were impressed!

1  Thank jess d
Reviewed 9 July 2018

One of the top local restaurants. If you are in the area, I highly recommend it. They serve fresh, hot popovers instead of bread! The food is excellent and everyone is so friendly.

1  Thank Maria K