Review Highlights
Deep , serene practice

I am blessed to have Chichester Yoga in the community where I have a weekend cabin. Meghan teaches... read more

Reviewed 13 October 2015
Susan R
Pleasantville, New York
Loved the Open level laliata class!!

It has been awhile since I took a yoga class. I happened to drive by this studio and took the next... read more

Reviewed 31 December 2014
jackied
New Jersey

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I started taking yoga a few months ago where I live. I have a place near Chichester and wanted to practicing. I am so happy I found Chichester Yoga. The teacher was so good. She walked around and made sure you were in the pose correctly. She kept the flow of the class moving. For someone who is new to yoga and new to this studio I did not feel awkward at all. If anything I felt so welcomed!! The view is beautiful. You practice facing beautiful mountains.

Date of experience: July 2014
ChichesterYoga, Owner at Chichester Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Mandy-

I'm so glad you were well taken care of and that you felt welcomed. It's so important to find good teachers, especially at the beginning of your yoga exploration. We look forward to seeing you again on the mat soon.

Warmly,
Megan Leigh
Owner, Chichester Yoga

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This summer, I decided to add yoga to my training regimen for triathlon and to prepare for the coming ski season, so I looked for a studio near Hunter Mountain, NY. I found Chichester Yoga, run my Megan Leigh. The studio is in a beautiful location 10 miles from Hunter and Megan understands the practical applications of yoga to athletics as well as the to the mind and spirit. After four months of regular practice, my latest triathlon was my most smooth and painless ever, and I'm sure ski season will more fluid as well. Thanks Megan and everyone at CY!!

Date of experience: September 2013
ChichesterYoga, Owner at Chichester Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thanks so much Steve. It's always great to help athletes become more effective and pain free. Keep it up!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

i participated in an independent retreat held in the space and had the pleasure of staying in the dreamy loft. i knew it was heaven.. the minute i stepped out of the car and saw the creek glistening at a distance.. the minute i walked up the stair and saw the daybed in the living area opening out in to kitchen.. the minute i dropped my bags off in the bedroom and saw yet another cozy daybed upon which i would spend the next couple nights dreaming away..

i did not get an opportunity to practice yoga at the studio downstairs but i would definitely consider staying here again and checking out their yoga classes if i were to take another trip to the catskills. it is easily accessible for a native new york city dweller like myself. certainly a home away from home!

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My Husband and I started going to Chicester Yoga a few months ago. We were looking for yoga classes in the area and bought trial unlimited memberships to give it a try. We feel so lucky to have found such a wonderful studio!

The classes are excellent. The teachers are great, with that combination of expertise and yet not taking themselves too seriously. The vibe is comfortable, no matter what level you're at. The space is beautiful with a view to the creek as you practice. Luckily the classes are never over crowded so you get plenty of personal attention and room to get your assanas on.

We were so happy with the place that when it came time to organize a meditation retreat for a visiting monk, we chose to rent out the airy loft space above the yoga studio as the retreat venue. It was a smashing success! The earthy and kind vibe that permeates Chichester Yoga also is in full effect their spacious loft. There are 3 ample bedrooms, a full kitchen and plenty of interesting artwork and open windows looking onto the creek. The atmosphere is just right, cozy and tranquil. It's quiet and yet close to the Phoenicia Bus Stop in town so that travel by bus from NYC was a breeze for the retreaters. The owner, Megan was super-helpful to us as we organized the event. She recommended additional nearby housing, hiking trails and she hooked us up with the most amazing chef, Selena, who prepared and delivered amazing vegetarian meals that kept the retreaters fully satiated and well-nourished.

If you are looking for a very chill place to study yoga, a place to host a smallish retreat (we had 11 people) or if you're looking for a country get-a-way for your family or a few friends, I would recommend Chichester Yoga and the Loft Above Chichester Yoga. Megan will take care of you, either way.

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I started going to the studio just a couple of months ago after making some changes to my health habits and wanting to learn more about my body and gain strength. It feels so safe at Megan's studio, and I had been dealing with a lot of body shame and fears of using my body. It's opened me up, and I am learning how to breath and relax, and I am so happy I made the choice to go. AND! It's a beautiful inviting space over looking nature. Megan is a wonderful teacher. I feel like I am learning how to breathe. Come join!

Date of experience: September 2011