“Great Vinyasa Yoga Class.”
Review of Chichester Yoga

Chichester Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Chichester Yoga is the hidden gem of the Catskills. Tucked into the artists hamlet of Chichester, the center serves yoga enthusiasts from all over the world. Get a massage after class in total privacy and quiet from the best therapists in the area. You'll get so much more attention and care than at a spa as well as higher quality as our therapist have all been practicing for 5 years or more. Bring your friends and customize a retreat or come alone. We'll show you hiking trails, the swimming hole and help make your time at Chichester Yoga a blissed out, detoxifying, unwinding kind of day. It's so much more than a yoga studio.
Reviewed 15 September 2014

A perfect complement to relaxation in the Catskills. My best friend and I took a class on Saturday morning while we were staying in the area with our families. It was an excellent open class. Beautiful space, lovely instructor. Thanks!

1  Thank Lisa S
ChichesterYoga, Owner at Chichester Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Lisa-
Thank you so much for taking time to review the studio. I'm so glad you got a great practice in during your vacation and that you appreciated to level of teaching. Come back anytime. We are open all year.
Happy Fall!
Megan

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I started taking yoga a few months ago where I live. I have a place near Chichester and wanted to practicing. I am so happy I found Chichester Yoga. The teacher was so good. She walked around and made sure you were in the pose correctly. She kept the flow of the class moving. For someone who is new to yoga and new to this studio I did not feel awkward at all. If anything I felt so welcomed!! The view is beautiful. You practice facing beautiful mountains.

ChichesterYoga, Owner at Chichester Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Mandy-

I'm so glad you were well taken care of and that you felt welcomed. It's so important to find good teachers, especially at the beginning of your yoga exploration. We look forward to seeing you again on the mat soon.

Warmly,
Megan Leigh
Owner, Chichester Yoga

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This summer, I decided to add yoga to my training regimen for triathlon and to prepare for the coming ski season, so I looked for a studio near Hunter Mountain, NY. I found Chichester Yoga, run my Megan Leigh. The studio is in a beautiful location 10 miles from Hunter and Megan understands the practical applications of yoga to athletics as well as the to the mind and spirit. After four months of regular practice, my latest triathlon was my most smooth and painless ever, and I'm sure ski season will more fluid as well. Thanks Megan and everyone at CY!!

ChichesterYoga, Owner at Chichester Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thanks so much Steve. It's always great to help athletes become more effective and pain free. Keep it up!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

i participated in an independent retreat held in the space and had the pleasure of staying in the dreamy loft. i knew it was heaven.. the minute i stepped out of the car and saw the creek glistening at a distance.. the minute i walked up the stair and saw the daybed in the living area opening out in to kitchen.. the minute i dropped my bags off in the bedroom and saw yet another cozy daybed upon which i would spend the next couple nights dreaming away..

i did not get an opportunity to practice yoga at the studio downstairs but i would definitely consider staying here again and checking out their yoga classes if i were to take another trip to the catskills. it is easily accessible for a native new york city dweller like myself. certainly a home away from home!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My Husband and I started going to Chicester Yoga a few months ago. We were looking for yoga classes in the area and bought trial unlimited memberships to give it a try. We feel so lucky to have found such a wonderful studio!

The classes are excellent. The teachers are great, with that combination of expertise and yet not taking themselves too seriously. The vibe is comfortable, no matter what level you're at. The space is beautiful with a view to the creek as you practice. Luckily the classes are never over crowded so you get plenty of personal attention and room to get your assanas on.

We were so happy with the place that when it came time to organize a meditation retreat for a visiting monk, we chose to rent out the airy loft space above the yoga studio as the retreat venue. It was a smashing success! The earthy and kind vibe that permeates Chichester Yoga also is in full effect their spacious loft. There are 3 ample bedrooms, a full kitchen and plenty of interesting artwork and open windows looking onto the creek. The atmosphere is just right, cozy and tranquil. It's quiet and yet close to the Phoenicia Bus Stop in town so that travel by bus from NYC was a breeze for the retreaters. The owner, Megan was super-helpful to us as we organized the event. She recommended additional nearby housing, hiking trails and she hooked us up with the most amazing chef, Selena, who prepared and delivered amazing vegetarian meals that kept the retreaters fully satiated and well-nourished.

If you are looking for a very chill place to study yoga, a place to host a smallish retreat (we had 11 people) or if you're looking for a country get-a-way for your family or a few friends, I would recommend Chichester Yoga and the Loft Above Chichester Yoga. Megan will take care of you, either way.