“Foccaccia sandwich was hard as a rock”
Review of Local Ice Cream

Local Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Chappaqua
Description: Local is a casual cafe. We serve soups, salads and sandwiches with an emphasis on vegetarian foods. We make all our soups and dressings vegan and gluten free. Our ice cream is from SoCo Creamery in the Berkshires and it is absolutely the BEST...We have a great healthy kids menu and we love food. In season, most of our menu items come from organic, local farms and we never serve preservatives or artificial food coloring. We play great music and our staff is super friendly, smart and fun. We have organic coffees and teas. Tons of free parking behind the store.
Reviewed 4 August 2016

If I could go back in time, I would get the ice cream and not lunch. The sandwich was blah, the salad dressing was so incredibly sharp, inedible. I asked for a plain hot dog for my toddler and expressly said she wont eat it with condiments. It came with alot of mustard (too bad we took it to go!). I guess the guy at the register does not hear so well...almost $30 to feed an adult and kid. Yikes.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Wonderful, small restaurant. Brisket as good as my mom's. The place is very small and does get crowded so be prepared.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Good place for lunch. I had the BBQ beef platter which included a salad and cornbread. My wife had the salad with chicken.

Took our grandsons there after a soccer game which is adjacent to the restaurant.

Kids like it because they have a nice kids' menu and a good selection of ice cream.

Reviewed 4 November 2014

Took our grandsons there for dinner when we visited them. Just a small local place. Good kids' menu. One grandson had the organic hot dog and the other had the grilled cheese sandwich. My wife tried their homemade soup.

The kids ' meal come with a choice of sides, fruit, carrots or chips & a small milk, organic lemonade or cider .

Quick and reasonable.

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I recently met a friend there for lunch. The place has been open over a year, and I wanted to try it. We both ordered a turkey with cheddar on roll. We were disappointed with the size of the sandwich, and not overwhelmed with the presentation. It was a chilly day and we were cold every time the door opened. I wanted to like this simple place and add it to my lunch options, but it didn't make me want to return. I will give the ice-cream a chance come summer!

2  Thank MMR48