“my favorite place for shopping in NY”

Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located just one hour north of New York City, Woodbury Common Premium Outlets is a true showcase for the outlet industry with the largest collection of designer outlet stores in the world. Woodbury Common Premium Outlets continues to create excitement for shoppers around the world with the addition of new designer brands each year. Daily bus transportation is available from the New York City Port Authority. Commissionable transportation rates are available through Gray Line NY Sightseeing, a Coach USA Company. Excursion tickets include a complimentary VIP Coupon Book for each passenger. On-site, sit-down dining packages are available for groups. There are also over fifty Shop & Stay packages available with hotels in New York City, northern New Jersey and the surrounding Hudson Valley region. There is a wide range of accomondations to suit every taste and budget.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed 20 August 2008

If you ask me what do you like to do when you travel, I would say shopping.
If you ask me where you like to do your shopping, I would defiantly say Woodbury Common Premium Outlets! I usually spend more than 10 hours per visit when I am there.

First- how to get there? You have two public transportation companies heading Woodbury Common- Gray line or Shortline from Port Authority, New York City (42nd Street & Eighth Avenue). They both charge the same price for the ride (around 40 dollar) and you get the Coupon book voucher from both company (you can pay 10$ less if you don't want the book- it worth every cent!).
Just make sure you check the schedule time that suites you. Outlet stores are open around 09:30 am, so no reason to get there before.

Here are five tips before you go to Woodbury:
1.Print the stores map from the outlet website and mark down all the stores you want so you will be focus when you are there.
2.Join the official website VIP club (free) so you'll get special coupons.
3.If you consider yourself as shoppingholic take an empty suitcase or buy one in Samsonite Company Store, it'll definitely help you carry all your new stuff.
4.Don't buy anything in Manhattan before your Woodbury visit. I mostly find everything I need and want over there.
5.Don't go on weekends. My favorite day is Monday and Tuesday cause the "refill" the stores after the weekend.

There are many brands, designers and labels and most of them have great deals and some great stuff if you know how to search.
My top four are Diesel, CK Men's, A/X and American Apparel. I always spend lots of money over there but also save some money using the coupons I got (from the VIP club and the coupons' book).
I would love to buy some from Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli or Prada but unfortunately that's still expensive for me, even in the outlet.

Last but not least tip- drink the coconut bubble tea at Wasabi Jane's Rice and Noodle Works it's perfect!

Can't wait for my next woodbury visit

19  Thank ido8all
Write a ReviewReviews (3,538)
All reviews
in 22 reviews
"new york"
in 246 reviews

Reviewed 15 August 2008

We only had a couple of hours to spend here, but could have easily spent a day or more.

The mall is located amongst the mountains, right off the highway. Very easy to get on/off the freeway.

Lots of upscale stores, many that I have never seen at an outlet mall before. My absolute favorite though was Brighton. There are only thee outlets that I'm aware of (Texas, California and here). Prices are amazing. You can't leave there without buying something.

3  Thank KLM1
Reviewed 5 August 2008

I went there in my 5 days stay in New York.
If you have enough time it is definitely worth a day visit.
It takes 1,5 hours bu bus from NYC.
Great deals, you will be amazed by the cost of the items especially if used to euro prices.
The items are good and from recent collections.
Great shopping!!

5  Thank antonypb
Reviewed 9 June 2008

OK, so we were in NYC for 11 nights and included a day trip to Woodbury Common as part of our itinerary. This outlet mall is the best one I've been to so far. I was there a week before the Memorial Day sales, and let me tell you that the sales had already begun. The first time we went we barely covered one section of the mall, so we decided we'd have to go back for a 2nd time! We went on the 1st "official" day of the Memorial Day sale. Heaps of bargains - loved it and can't wait to go back!

4  Thank BB2_Syd
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 May 2008

Woodbury Commons is an outlet mall like no other. It's suitable as an all day destination trip. What separates Woodbury Commons from other outlets is the sheer variety of stores. Yes, it has all the "basics" like The Gap, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, Bass, Nine West, Carters, Sunglass Hut, etc.

But it has upscale boutiques like Frette, Gucci, Thomas Pink, Space (Prada), Burberry, Tod's, Max Mara, Armani, Williams Sonoma, etc. Some of which are the first such outlets in the US -- Barney's NY, Joe's Jeans, etc.

To give you some indication of breadth, take children's clothing as an example. Woodbury Commons has Disney, Carter's, Children's Place, Gymboree, Nautica Kids, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's, JM Originals, Stride Rite, and OshKosh, not to mention kids sections in places like Off 5th (Saks 5th Ave).

Woodbury Commons can be a pleasant experience in all 4 seasons, as it's surrounded by greenery on the mountains, which look cute with snow in the winter and are gorgeous with fall leaves in October. And the drive up the NY State Thruway has some nice scenery, including horse farms nearby. Note that this is an OUTDOORS mall, so you will need a jacket in the winter.

HOWEVER, be forewarned about holiday weekends. There are big sales and lots of tourists. On Saturdays and Sundays on holiday weekends (like Memorial Day), I've sat in traffic in the parking lot for 45 minutes, trying to exit the complex. This isn't the case on a normal weekend, but is worth knowning.

Tips:
-- The best tip that I can give is to arrive early, and get good parking so you can easily return to your car wtih packages if need be. In my opinion (and I've been there literally hundreds of times), the best parking spaces are near Applebees or all the way around back near the Correll dishes store. Both have good access to the complex and are relatively shorter walks than other parking spots. Also, you can park right behind Off 5th (Saks 5th Ave), which has a back door, and walk through the store to get access to the mall.
-- Go on a weekday if possible. There are practically no lines, except for the Coach store, which is crazy all the time.
-- If you sign up for the shopper's club on the Premium Outlets website (for free), you can download a coupon for a free coupon book. Print that out and bring it into the food court to the information booth, where they'll give you a coupon book for free. This can save you lots of money and has deals for many many stores.
-- If you are a visitor to the NY area and don't have a car, check out the bus from Port Authority in NYC to Woodbury. There are several round trips per day.

The food court is adequate, but nothing special -- pizza, Chinese, Mexican, sushi, and a few chains like Subway, McDonald's, Au Bon Pain. There are also a few sit down restaurants. If you're feeling adventurous with finding another parking space and want to skip the crowds for a bit, you can drive down the road to the next shopping area, which has numerous restaurants in addition to chain stores like Target and the Home Depot.

Enjoy!!!