“Wonderful”
other travellers have booked this property
The Shinto Gate marks the entrance to Creekside Farm
Forty-eight peone bushes mark the drive in, some over 100 years old The guest house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Forty-eight peone bushes mark the drive in, some over 100 years old
The guest house
The open porch to the guest house
The open porch
The pathway to the guest house
West view from the guest house
The interior guest porch
The interior guest porch
Guest Room seating
Queen size bed in gust room
bathroom
gust bedroom sleeps one person
pathway to the Cauterskill Creek and the sandy beach
North view from the sandy beach
South view from the sandy beach
one of the numerous pocket gardens
1868 barn and guest parking
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

debbycook...
Schenectady, New York
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 21 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

We chose the cabin for our honeymoon based on the high reviews already posted. It did not disappoint! The owners are friendly and we really enjoyed learning of the properties history and they had all the local tips for restaurants and activities. We hardly left the property though because of how peaceful it was. We enjoyed our morning coffee on the front porch and watched the deer every night. The creek is private and picturesque. We brought camp chairs, our books and wine to the little beach every day. We can't wait to go back!

mrsluckyc...
new york city
“peaceful paradise for nature lovers”
Reviewed 19 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

This enchanting place is for you if your idea of heaven is a property with a private stream just behind your cottage, where the rocks have formed a natural whirlpool. Or you enjoy walking acres of fields and gardens that resemble a nature preserve that was designed by fairies. This is your type of place if you enjoy a misty dawn watching deers amble by. Or if your idea of true meditative bliss is spending an afternoon like I did, listening to the sound of an afternoon thunderstorm lazing on the couch in the screened porch watching wild turkeys as they stashed their chicks in the bushes from the rain. The historic cottage is unique and very thoughtfully restored. It’s comfortable with enough modern conveniences. Books and brochures to gleam through. The two sided, screened in porch has comfortable wicker chairs, couches, a mini fridge, fans and even lights for night use. I’ve never slept better, waking to hear unique bird calls and seeing nothing but green through the lace curtained windows on all three sides. Then sipping coffee watching a hawk circling above. The location is also very close to hiking, boating, Woodstock, Saugerties, cutepubs, restaurants, antiquing-everything the Catskills has to offer. But what really makes this the best place we’ve ever stayed in, are it’s incredibly kind and interesting innkeepers, Michael and Scarlett. Oh, and their very friendly and beautiful two dogs also. Their thoughtful little touches like the chalkboard sign welcoming you on the porch or their encyclopedic knowledge of the area make your stay even more enjoyable. If they don’t know about something you’re interested in doing, they will find out about it and get back to you. Their hospitable, chill vibe made meI feel like the grounds were my piece of heaven on earth. I felt so sad to leave my Shangrila that I could only pack my stuff up by promising myself that I’d return...soon

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Passport7...
“Breathtaking!”
Reviewed 15 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018
person found this review helpful

Michael and Scarlett were outstanding hosts. The property is spectacular, very private, scenic river running thru the area with pools of water to explore, and rocks to sun yourself. The accommodations were so comfortable, bed nice and cozy, refrigerator stocked with blueberry muffins to enjoy with coffee or tea. Our hosts had ideas of places to see and restaurants to enjoy. We will definitely be returning in the Fall of 2018!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Joey a
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 14 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

I had an amazing birthday on this gorgeous property! Had a beautiful creek just behind the farmhouse with an ample amount of land to explore. Went hiking in the Catskills and shopped around Woodstock, I felt so at home. The hosts are so welcoming and helpful I miss them already. The place is so tranquil and scerene. I didn't want to leave and will definitely without a doubt will return for hopefully a way longer trip. Thanks a million Michael!

Briana D
“OVER THE TOP BEST PLACE EVER!!!!”
Reviewed 5 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

This was such a neat find. If you’re looking for a nice secluded little place with the beautiful scenic views of the catskill mountains, this is it. Even on the property itself, there is this beautiful little creek, it almost feels like you’re actually living on a nature preserve. The owners are extremely welcoming and very informative. I can not thank them enough for everything they did for us, the hospitality itself was astonishing. On my way back to the cabin my car had gotten a flat and Mike(the owner) helped me through everything. They’re are great and positive people who will go the extra mile to make sure your stay is the perfect getaway that you want it to be. I will definitely be visiting again and I highly reccommend this to anyone who is looking for a nice getaway, or a place close to go hiking. It has such a great location. I can’t wait to be back!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing