Bad Apple Bin Inn LLC(Cape Vincent)
Tibbetts Point Hostel(Cape Vincent)
All reviewsalexandria baybedroom cottagebeautiful poolshuffle boardwaterfront cottagescable tvrelaxing stayfamily vacationpoint lighthousespent one nightcanadian bordergreat place to stayboldt castlegreen cedarsclaytonvolleyballproperty
Reviewed 25 May 2017

My wife and I recently enjoyed a 1 week vacation at the 1000 Islands and our accommodations at Angel Rock added to the experience. The 1 bedroom cottage was competitively priced and both VERY clean and functional. We found the staff friendly and helpful. The vacation homes and cottages are conveniently located near to the Cape Vincent, Clayton, and Alexandria Bay towns centers, an added bonus. We will definitely consider Angel Rock should we every vacation at 1000 Islands again. Thank you Angel Rock!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Carol T, Owner at Angel Rock Waterfront Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're happy you enjoyed your accommodations and we always love to hear staff compliments!!!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

With over 30 different size cottages Angel Rock has all the things you would expect. dockage for your boat,,also boat rentals.a large heated pool,shuffle board , and horse shoes also in the evening,campfires the cottages are fully equipped they supply linens,but you must bring your own towels .each cottage has cable tv,internet,and a large deck with a gas grill and a picnic table and nice chairs ,where you can sit and watch the sunset many stores and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

We appreciate your review. Thank you!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We recently stayed for the weekend to celebrate my sister's bachelorette party. The staff answered several questions I had from the time I book to when I arrived and we able to work with us on check in/out times for which we were very grateful. The rental came with everything you could think of except a pair of a scissors but you could make anything from breakfast to dinner with what was provided. The use of the fit pit was wonderful and the proximity to the river was glorious. The only negative was the gnat bugs that were everywhere in by no exaggeration in the thousands. I was informed at check in not to kill them on the walls or ceiling or a cleaning fee would result. They suggested we vacuum the out of the air if they proved to be a problem. There was a sheet stapled to out check in packet and receipt in regards to the bugs because it was a reoccurring issue. They did not bite but it was quite annoying and made it hard to keep food covered or to enjoy the decks. We know they are an act of Mother Nature and the bugs themselves are beyond the control of the owners but it would have been nice to have known about them before as every white article of clothing my sister wore extenuated the bugs, and had we known they would be clinging to our clothing we could have packed differently. The only other issue we had was when getting ready for bed the second night one bedroom had an overhead light out and one bathroom had no power. The next morning I called the office and we were around most of the day but no one came. We were able to Facetime a few of our dads who walked us through different solutions to fix it. We were able to get power to the bathroom but the bedroom light was out the whole stay. This in no way hindered our stay as we were able to figure it out and perhaps when I called they thought I was just making a statement instead of a request for maintenance. The grounds are very well maintained however they do start mowing and landscaping at 8am on Saturday. it did not bother us as we were all early risers and when you see their beautiful place you can see it takes an army. You and your staff do a wonderful job and have a beautiful property. I would recommend it to anyone wanting the peaceful exclusion of the Islands with both Clayton and Alexandria Bay a short scenic ride away. Many of the girls are looking into returning for milestone birthdays and family vacations. Thanks for hosting my sister and her friends you have us an amazing weekend and some great memories!

Stayed: April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and we appreciate your candid feedback.

We have instructed the lawn crew to wait until 9 am to use power equipment.

The bedroom/bathroom lighting was definitely a dropped ball by our front desk clerk, and we apologize that you did not receive our typical level of prompt service.

As for the gnats - we never know if they are going to be out, typically at dusk, or not - it's a late spring/early summer occurrence and is weather dependent. They are drawn to light. Mother nature has both good & bad sides...

Reviewed 28 November 2016

my family and myself had an awesome time at the Clayton home in Clayton,NY. The house was nice and clean with a great open kitchen. rooms were great size. It felt like a home away from home. Owner carol was extremely nice and polite. My family left asking when will we go again. Already planning for the warmer months.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Carol T, Owner at Angel Rock Waterfront Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2016

Thank you for the great review Deirdre! I'm very glad you and your family enjoyed spending Thanksgiving in our rental home. It was a pleasure to meet you.

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

The cottage was warm and cosy, with a lot of attention to detail, property well taken care of and the views are breathtaking. I wish I arrived earlier in the evening to enjoy the barbecue and sunset!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Carol T, Owner at Angel Rock Waterfront Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Thanks so much! Sharing that it was warm and cozy is a good thing for our Fall & Winter guests to know!