All reviews pro shop canandaigua lake challenging holes my husband and i finger lakes view of the lake bathroom floor upstate new york resort wedding fireplace bristol fall accommodations naples julie
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Traveled from Rochester with a group of friends to try dinner at the restaurant. We were all impressed by the friendly staff, the comfortable and warm decor and the excellent food. We tried the apps, salads, entrees and desserts and found the vegetables fresh and the meat and seafood well-cooked and seasoned. We hope to come back soon!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2018

My husband surprised me and booked their Valentine's Day package. It included an overnight stay for one night, $100 gift card to use towards dinner, a bottle of wine, two wine glasses and homemade cookies. I walked into the room and didn't want to leave it!!! Beautiful room, beautiful view and great food! This will become a tradition for us.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We love dining at Bristol Harbour Lodge. It is close by , great staff---Julie, Nikki & Jay & always a neighbor or two dining there to visit with.. Love the blackend chicken & the Filet. Wonderful specials & of course the Friday Fish Fry

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding as the wedding was also at Bristol Harbor. The room was amazing and we found out they were all recently renovated. Ours included a small real fireplace that you can turn on with a light switch. The view of the lake was breathtaking and the bed was extremely comfortable. We didn't end up eating in the restaurant since we had the wedding, but overall definitely a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenna T
Reviewed 1 October 2017

This is a Jekyll and Hyde facility. It could, and should, be a 5 overall rating. The venue/view/actual wedding staff are superb!! Our daughter's wedding was flawless, I did all the booking details myself, so I didn't have to stress over someone else dropping the ball, such as when the String Quartet was not there at 2:40 and were supposed to start at 3:00, I had the phone number to re-give to the wedding planner. The waitstaff/management (Allison) were FABULOUS. Very cheery, hardworking, even considering the long hours they work. Could not say enough good about them. Erika, the front desk manager was a saint! Since we had so many people from out of town and out of the country, I booked all the rooms we had in our block months ahead. Thank goodness, as one of the front desk staff told us to wait and let the guests do it themselves after the invitations went out! Not a good idea as a Friday wedding looses out 45 days ahead, when the Saturday weddings start booking. Erika dealt with the NUMEROUS name changes with grace and efficiency. 5 stars all the way. One of the problems with the front desk-it is not staffed after 11 pm. And I mean 11 pm, not 11:01 pm. Our daughter and her new husband had a room after the wedding and when they realized that they had not picked up the key, I walked down and at 11:00 pm the desk was vacant. Thank goodness the security guard came to our rescue to get us the key. Wonder why whoever was on that night couldn't walk down the hall to the wedding reception and give the key to us? Maybe it was the one and only front desk staffer with whom our entire group had problems??
Caveat!
If you decide to book this venue, do what ever it takes to stay away from the 'co-owner'. If you do have to deal with her, do not, under any circumstances, let her think that you are criticizing her (even when you are just asking a clarifying question) because she turns nasty instantly. I have the vicious emails from her to prove my statement. Be warned.

Room Tip: Choose a third floor room, less noise and better view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank SunshineV88
theharbour, Owner at Bristol Harbour Lodge & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear SunshineV88,
The team at Bristol Harbour is grateful that your daughter and her husband had a lovely wedding day and we thank you for your feedback. We do strive to help create a fabulous event and are proud of our wonderful staff who work hard to create a great experience for all of our guests. We are glad to hear you had many wonderful interactions with our team during your stay.

We also appreciate your concern for the front desk not being open past 11pm and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We do have an overnight manager on staff for any guest needs to ensure that guests can receive assistance after the desk is closed. If the front desk number is called, it goes directly to our 24-hour onsite manager who is more than happy to assist any guest.

As for your negative comments about me as the owner, I am sorry to hear that my responses did not address your concerns in a satisfactory way. I strive to resolve all guest concerns in a timely, respectful and professional manner and am sorry that you do not feel that was the case. I would be happy to post all of the unedited emails here with your permission, in the interest of transparency and allowing other potential guests to judge the interaction for themselves.

While we always strive to provide a perfect experience, we do understand that we will sometimes make mistakes and we value all feedback, both positive and negative, and use it to improve upon our service. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us.

- Bristol Harbour Co-owner