All reviews pro shop canandaigua lake challenging holes my husband and i finger lakes view of the lake bathroom floor upstate new york resort wedding fireplace bristol fall accommodations naples julie
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding as the wedding was also at Bristol Harbor. The room was amazing and we found out they were all recently renovated. Ours included a small real fireplace that you can turn on with a light switch. The view of the lake was breathtaking and the bed was extremely comfortable. We didn't end up eating in the restaurant since we had the wedding, but overall definitely a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenna T
Reviewed 1 October 2017

This is a Jekyll and Hyde facility. It could, and should, be a 5 overall rating. The venue/view/actual wedding staff are superb!! Our daughter's wedding was flawless, I did all the booking details myself, so I didn't have to stress over someone else dropping the ball, such as when the String Quartet was not there at 2:40 and were supposed to start at 3:00, I had the phone number to re-give to the wedding planner. The waitstaff/management (Allison) were FABULOUS. Very cheery, hardworking, even considering the long hours they work. Could not say enough good about them. Erika, the front desk manager was a saint! Since we had so many people from out of town and out of the country, I booked all the rooms we had in our block months ahead. Thank goodness, as one of the front desk staff told us to wait and let the guests do it themselves after the invitations went out! Not a good idea as a Friday wedding looses out 45 days ahead, when the Saturday weddings start booking. Erika dealt with the NUMEROUS name changes with grace and efficiency. 5 stars all the way. One of the problems with the front desk-it is not staffed after 11 pm. And I mean 11 pm, not 11:01 pm. Our daughter and her new husband had a room after the wedding and when they realized that they had not picked up the key, I walked down and at 11:00 pm the desk was vacant. Thank goodness the security guard came to our rescue to get us the key. Wonder why whoever was on that night couldn't walk down the hall to the wedding reception and give the key to us? Maybe it was the one and only front desk staffer with whom our entire group had problems??
Caveat!
If you decide to book this venue, do what ever it takes to stay away from the 'co-owner'. If you do have to deal with her, do not, under any circumstances, let her think that you are criticizing her (even when you are just asking a clarifying question) because she turns nasty instantly. I have the vicious emails from her to prove my statement. Be warned.

Room Tip: Choose a third floor room, less noise and better view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank SunshineV88
theharbour, Owner at Bristol Harbour Lodge & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear SunshineV88,
The team at Bristol Harbour is grateful that your daughter and her husband had a lovely wedding day and we thank you for your feedback. We do strive to help create a fabulous event and are proud of our wonderful staff who work hard to create a great experience for all of our guests. We are glad to hear you had many wonderful interactions with our team during your stay.

We also appreciate your concern for the front desk not being open past 11pm and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We do have an overnight manager on staff for any guest needs to ensure that guests can receive assistance after the desk is closed. If the front desk number is called, it goes directly to our 24-hour onsite manager who is more than happy to assist any guest.

As for your negative comments about me as the owner, I am sorry to hear that my responses did not address your concerns in a satisfactory way. I strive to resolve all guest concerns in a timely, respectful and professional manner and am sorry that you do not feel that was the case. I would be happy to post all of the unedited emails here with your permission, in the interest of transparency and allowing other potential guests to judge the interaction for themselves.

While we always strive to provide a perfect experience, we do understand that we will sometimes make mistakes and we value all feedback, both positive and negative, and use it to improve upon our service. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us.

- Bristol Harbour Co-owner

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We enjoyed our specialty cocktails, followed by late afternoon fare from their lunch menu on a very warm Saturday afternoon in September. (Lunch menu offered until 5pm, then dinner menu after that). We enjoyed tomato/crab bisque cup ($5) and bowl of days potato/bacon soup special ($8), then the mahi-mahi fish tacos ($17) and the BBQ pork sandwich ($11); both came with choice of sides. We both selected sweet potato fries, which were very good. Our server, Kasondra, was friendly but disorganized. We asked Kasondra three times for napkins/silverware, and every time she said "sure", but then nothing. I finally called out to another server who was setting up empty tables and he quickly and courteously provided to us and other tables who had food in front of them but no silverware or napkins. We also asked her a couple of times for ice water, and again nothing. At some point halfway through our meal another server stopped by everyone's tables with a water pitcher to top off our glasses. There were two weddings also going on, so guessing much wait staff was called out to help those parties, leaving the restaurant short staffed. Anyway, we would return for another visit, but speak with a manager if we encountered challenges again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Snert41
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I have had the good fortune to eat lunch a dinner at the lodge on several occasions as the new chef (Joe) made his debut. The filet mignon was superb for each of the 24 golf league members. The Ruben for lunch was vastly improved from the former chef although I would still recommend telling the waitress to skip the cup that the french fires normally come in. This guy is the real deal and well worth a visit. As now there is a chef to complement the incredible view at Bristol Harbor. Rates for golf have been reduced for great fall golf are in place. The course like the restaurant is in excellent shape as the new ownership continues to make this a must see resort.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank pd62
Reviewed 6 September 2017

On our way to the B & B for the Holiday weekend, we decided to stop for lunch. We had been there several years before & remember the wonderful views. The food was delicious! BLT, Caesar wrap, burger & Ruben on the best thick cut bread, that just melted in your mouth. The blueberry/raspberry cobbler ala mode was to die for. Loved the China, service & cleanliness from the tables to the grounds. We later sat on Adirondack Chairs & enjoyed the view. A great way to start our trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple