US$178
1840 Inn on the Main Bed and Breakfast(Canandaigua)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$247
The Inn on the Lake(Canandaigua)
US$222
The Bella Ella Bed & Breakfast(Canandaigua)(Great Value!)
US$99
Miami Resort Motel(Canandaigua)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$96
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Morgan Samuels Inn(Canandaigua)
Hotels.com
All reviewsopen the windowyogurtstores and restaurantsper nightlight breakfastroad noisemicrowave and refrigeratorfree breakfastwalking distanceconcertpavedowner
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

If you need to sleep bring ear plugs. Paper thin walls. You hear every flush in the building. 100 yards off a truck route. Don't pay much . Totally mediocre continental breakfast.
Plus side the room and bath were clean enough. A single cup coffee maker, minifridge and microwave didn't increase the value in my opinion.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2017

This is one of the better Econolodges. The rooms were large, clean, decorative, modern, and comfortable. The room looked recently remodeled. It had a microwave and refrigerator, too. The breakfast was sufficient with hot waffles and real orange juice. Other selections were available. The only strange thing was that we arrived around noon, were shown our room, but had to leave and come back at the 2:00 check in time to actually check in. Odd, but no problem as there is a lot to see and do in the nearby town.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David D
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I have waited a couple of months to write this review because I wanted to be fair. And I have calmed down a lot. I think it was probably an honest mistake by someone new answering the phone and not a deliberate rip-off. But I am still out $50

I called the hotel directly -- perhaps that was the real mistake. I asked for rates for a 3-night stay some weeks in advance and was told $70 a night. That is a fair price for an Econo Lodge, so I made the reservation. (Happily unrelated events made me cancel the third night.) When I went to check out, the rate was $70 -- but only for the first night (a Thursday). The second night was a whopping $50 more -- $120.

The owner insisted I must have misunderstood. I didn't. I was told $70 PER NIGHT. I have stayed in a lot of hotels -- no way would I EVER agree to $120 for an Econo Lodge. The main attraction of the chain is that it lives up to its name. The breakfasts are typically all-sugar (no eggs or oatmeal, or fresh fruit). And in general amenities are not what one gets from a $120 room.

As I said, my anger has finally subsided. I still resent having paid more than I agreed to pay. My advice is to either book through Expedia or a similar site or insist on a written (email or other) confirmation of the rate.

That being said, the room was fine -- clean, with a microwave and refrigerator I didn't use on this visit but often do. There was some road noise, but I put on the fan, which made sleep possible. The traveling companion I was with had the next room and did some (non-electric) guitar-playing. I could have sung along; every note was audible -- the walls must be pretty thin, as guitar is a quiet instrument. A neighbor less quiet than my friend could have made for an unpleasant stay.

I probably was not deliberately cheated. But I still paid more than the room was worth for the second night. Get it in writing!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2017

The room was ok but it was out of the way (not really near a highway) and overpriced. The hallways smelled like spices or something being cooked. That I didn't mind but the mattresses were not very comfortable. Also the breakfast did not seem fresh (only thing that was fresh were the waffles we made. Otherwise, the customer service was great.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I booked this on line and knew the room rate. This stay was 1 of 18 one-night stays on a cross country trip. We stayed at many that were nicer and cheaper. This property should not be charging this high of rate for what you get. Or should I say "don't get". Cigarette butts and left over water balloon pieces were everywhere on the grounds, weeds were rampant front and back and then a gravel drive way on the back side. No elevator for 2nd floor access. No Bell cart to even get your luggage to the stairs to go up one floor. The room itself is nicer than the exterior leads you to believe. However, again it is not worth this price. The ice machine barely worked, but when we told the front desk staff we were told the "technician" would be there Monday to repair. Continental breakfast did include yogurt.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple