“Outstanding”
Review of New York Kitchen

New York Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
New York Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 108 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NYS Rte 332 & NYS Rte 5&20
Description: Relax, taste & enjoy at the New York Kitchen Restaurant overlooking Canandaigua Lake. It is the perfect spot to gather with friends in a casual setting with indoor and outdoor lake view seating. We offer an innovative and seasonal menu featuring locally sourced ingredients and exclusive New York State craft beer, wine, spirits & crafted cocktails. Live music in the bar area every Friday evening and Sunday Brunch served 11am - 3pm. *Please note the NYK Restaurant hours differ from the Tasting Room hours*
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We visited for lunch on our trip to the Finger Lakes this past weekend, and we loved it so much we drove back the 30 minutes from our hotel to return on our way home. Really cool menu options, and the food was excellent. I was shocked that it wasn't packed either time! After we had lunch the first day there we went down to the tasting room where my husband sampled the ciders and I did the cream liquor flight. They were very accommodating in substituting one of the liquors that I knew I wouldn't like. We will definitely return!

1  Thank Courtney W

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We went here for a business holiday lunch. I was expecting much more that what we received. We ordered speciality drinks and the two we wanted they didn't have the indregents to make the drinks. Very limited menu. I was expecting a better menu. I ordered the burger which was ok. It is very pricey for what you receive. The service was ok. The bistro was not packed which I was surprised for being near the holidays. The desserts were good. The atmosphere is nice but I wouldn't go back for the food or drinks.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Our waiter was Michael. Very good and attentive. We had the port chop and mac n cheese. The chop was tasty but a little solid. Mac was excellent and had grilled peppers in it and didn't realize there was hot red pepper in it. Uncomfortably hot. We should have been told. We also had the wild salmon filet - excellent. Served with tomato jam on top and potatoes and string beans.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and an enjoyable dinner. The menu was small but offered variety. The French onion soup was delicious. We came to dinner at 7:45 and the special was sold out.
We would visit again.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Within walking distance to the Canandaigua Inn so we would go back for the convenience but not necessarily the food. I ordered the beet salad with grilled chicken and my husband ordered the burger. The food was good but we were expecting so much more for a Culinary Institute. They do have a limited menu so look it over before you sit down. Our service was very pleasant but it seemed like everything took a long time from our drinks to our food. The setting is very nice and does overlook the lake.