“Not what we expected ”
Review of New York Kitchen

New York Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
New York Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 109 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NYS Rte 332 & NYS Rte 5&20
Description: Relax, taste & enjoy at the New York Kitchen Restaurant overlooking Canandaigua Lake. It is the perfect spot to gather with friends in a casual setting with indoor and outdoor lake view seating. We offer an innovative and seasonal menu featuring locally sourced ingredients and exclusive New York State craft beer, wine, spirits & crafted cocktails. Live music in the bar area every Friday evening and Sunday Brunch served 11am - 3pm. *Please note the NYK Restaurant hours differ from the Tasting Room hours*
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Slow service. Soup came out with entrees. Pretty view. Not a very exciting menu for being in the wine and culinary center. Just average. Not horrible but did not come close to what I expected. We would not go back nor recommend it to anyone. Lots of better choices in the town

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This place has so much to offer. We did the wine tasting downstairs then headed up for dinner. WOW! Outside seating overlooking the lake and 2 of the best meals we had during our stay. Next trip we're going to try one of the cooking classes.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We went to the upstairs bistro for lunch after doing a wine tasting downstairs. There were five of us for lunch. Service was slow....and the waitress seemed pre-occupied with other things...she was polite, but not really attentive...my wife and her sister ordered the open faced grilled beef steak with wedge....it was a few small pieces of beef over a piece of bread, a couple of mushrooms and a few pieces of shallots....the beef tasted okay, but it was tiny for $18...don't expect to leave satisfied with that...my mine ordered the FLX burger...it was fine...not bad, not great, middle of the road burger....but have to knowck it way down on price...$15 for a fairly average burgher on what seemed to be a store bought bun...by far though the worst thing was the Porchetta sandwich I ordered....it was the same store bought bun with a few pieces of porchetta on it...and I mean a few pieces...it was tiny, bland and frankly I should have sent it back....a complete and utter rip off...I left hungry and vowing to never waste my money there again....only reason I'm not giving it 1 star is it's a nice location, and the table next to us ordered salads which actually looked good...so maybe not everything is terrible....

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Fantastic! Went there twice before a CMAC concert. Very fresh, delicious food and Farm Fresh ingredients. Overlooking lake and very pleasant

Reviewed 5 September 2017

It offered a limited menu, The staff was very friendly and working hard.
The problem was the kitchen and chefs(?) . Arrived 7:00 on a Saturday in August and was seated on the nice deck from where you can get a partial view of the lake. 4 of us, 2 ordered salads and one ordered soup and I had chosen to have my salad with my dinner. Salads came...very uninteresting. The soup was listed as minestrone but was so pepper spicy that all of us tasted it and no one could take it. It was returned for a salad and at that time I decided to also have my salad rather than waiting. The soup person's salad came in 5 minutes, but my salad, despite the waitresses efforts came 20 minutes later. She did say how the kitchen staff was yelling at her when she mentioned the issue. The hostess told me later the waitress was allmost crying for not being able to get things to her table. There was a bread issue as well, took 30 minutes to get it.
A 12 ounce strip steak is 40$..it was a special so always ask for the prices. Main dishes were ok, but for the restaurant being in a culinary institute ,,,,,? The hostess came to our table and said because of the long waits...(we were there 2 1/2 hours and it wasn't because we were enjoying a meal with friends.) they offered free dessert. What a mistake it was to order those. If you are any level of a foodie I would advise not going here.

1  Thank PVP46