“Still Crazy [Good] After All These Years”

Petes Park Place Tavern Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Bronxville
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Borrowing from the song, I would have to say that Pete's in Bronxville is still crazy [good] after all these years. Back in my college days, mid to late 60s, Pete's (with the original Pete presiding!) was our usual weekend stop. No matter where we went or what we did, we polished it off with beers and burgers at Pete's. We returned recently after a 45+ year absence, found the "younger" Pete in charge, and enjoyed everything we always did about the place: beer and burgers. Still a great place.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Came across Petes while in area on other errands... glad we tried...good food, friendly service and good drinks! Love that burgers are on English muffins!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We used to love going here, but the last time we were there they had a rude unexperienced hostess in her twenties seating people. We were a party of 4 and had no problem waiting but we waited at least 30 minutes, then a table in the corner became available which we thought the young hostess would seat us, so we waited & waited again still no one sitting there. It was getting late so I finally said to her, "can we be seated there at that table we've been waiting a while & my kids are hungry", meanwhile no one else was on line, and another family came in & left right away after speaking to her. So finally the hostess tells me "no I cannot seat you there, it's for a party of 5!" I said really, no one else is waiting and we've been very patient. It was so crazy, she gave me this weird look. I asked for the mgr. who she then said was the bartender. He actually looked like he was going to help us sit, but then just forgot about us & went on about his business! We finally were so aggrevated we just left starving & very disappointed. Can't believe they had such a youg girl trying to seat people, she had no idea what she was doing & how to deal with people. Not friendly at all. She didn't seem to care about anyone. It's a shame because they lost a family of 4 that used to love it there, but will not go back (unless they get someone more expierenced to seat their guests)!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Food is as service.... Excellent ! This place is becoming our spot. Great burgers, great beers, kids night !! The service is efficient and friendly.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Been going to Petes Tavern for many years. The food is always good and the service great. Reliable neighborhood restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2017