“Asian Fusion Delight”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We stumbled upon this Asian Restaurant after the movies in Bronxville. The restaurant is lovely, the tables for two can be a little too close. I ordered the Chicken Satay and my wife got the Fried Pork Dumpings for appetizers, they were both good. Only chop sticks were given out and we liked that. We shared the Mango Chicken with Snow Peas over white rice for our main meal and it was excellent. I thought the prices were reasonable and the service was good.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Ate here for dinner recently on a weeknight. When you order sushi and they offer you a fork, you know someone is clueless about sushi. Sushi is meant to be eaten with the fingers! Where do I start? The rice is wrong. Should be Japanese sticky rice. It should not fall apart when you pick up a piece of sushi, but it should disintegrate in your mouth. Fail. The rice should be treated with rice vinegar, very lightly, This in an important element. Missing here. Fail. The pieces of fish were too large for the rice. Fail.

If the sushi you get here is the only kind you know, you will love it and it will meet your expectations. But it's not real sushi. For that, I think you have to have it made by Japanese chefs, or at least someone trained by a Japanese sushi chef. Anyone can wad up some rice and plop a piece of raw fish on top, but that does not make it sushi.

This is a pan-Asian restaurant, not a Japanese restaurant. No udon, no soba, no pork katsu, no ramen bowl (admittedly a dish not originally Japanese but now accepted there). It is not Asian fusion either! Fusion means you are combining Asian and something completely different, like French, in one dish. Having pad Thai and sushi on the same menu is not "Asian Fusion," it's just different Asian dishes.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I had read a couple of not very good reviews on Yelp but since we had liked Haiku in the past we decided to go back. We were very happy once again. We were taking our granddaughter out for lunch and she loves sushi. The sushi was fresh and delicious. The service was very good and we were glad that we came. We have not tried the other asian dishes but it would be hard for us not to have the excellent sushi.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I'm a regular at this restaurant. Very good sushi made fresh daily. Also, one of my favorite lunch specials is the Crispy White Meat General Tso's Chicken. It comes with a vegetable, usually asparagus as well as a choice of salad or soup for $9.50. Their home delivery service is also very convenient.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

The food was delicious and the Take Out was ready to go when I arrived. What more could you ask for?