“The best Puerto Rican food as usual”
Review of Don Coqui

Don Coqui
Ranked #145 of 1,299 Restaurants in Bronx
Price range: US$15 - US$34
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Always a pleasure having dinner at Don Coqui. The pernil and paella consistently delicious. The sangria probably the best around. I've been to all of their restaurants and all excellent.

1  Thank georgeny01

Reviewed 20 July 2016

We heard so many good things about this restaurant and were looking forward to the meal. We were seated quickly and then abandoned. One of our group finally went in search of service and a manager appeared to apologize. We waited again and eventually someone did come to take our orders. After the long wait, the food was average. It's expensive and you imagine that you are paying for good service and a delicious meal. We were not impressed. We did get to watch the sunset without being distracted by eating. It was very nice, but food would have been nicer.

3  Thank GretaRoams
Reviewed 11 July 2016

I loved our meal at Don Coqui. We had the green plantain appetizers with both pork steak on top . For dinner my husband had the steak and onions with white rice and I had my mofongo with pernil. Our food was on point. It was super busy. We had a 6pm reservation and we were seated promptly. I do understand that the place was very crowded but service can really be much better . We waited for 20 minutes for a server once he took our order, 15 minutes later he returned asking us to repeat order because he lost the paper. We asked our waiter for bread twice and another three people before we got a second basket of bread while we waited for appetizers . My husband would not write anything negative on the comment card that came with our check because he enjoyed the food and he thought the guy was having a bad day .

1  Thank Wanda C
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Our server was amazing. The food was good, I had the pernil and it was enormous at the point that I took half home, my partner had the paella and again it was really good and generous portions. We use a groupon, and it was worth it.The valet parking is $ 5.00.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Omar was our outstanding waiter. I arrived here with a party of 10 for my niece's highschool graduation luncheon. The atmosphere was cool with lots of sun coming in from huge picturesque windows --- dressed with long white linen drapes. I could see the water through the windows. Lots of white, plush furniture and spacious. I ordered the paella. It was very good and tasty. My seafood was overcooked, however; BUT I explained this and Omar kindly took it back and returned, soon, with another perfectly cooked paella. My husband had the T-bone steak, it was delicious. I would recommend ordering your steak medium rare, if you like medium; because they can always reheat your steak, if needed. They have their own marinade on the steaks. The macaroni & cheese was also very tasty. I find the mojito to be good with less sugar. It had a strong mint taste. So, you can always request less mint or not, depending on how you like it. Sometimes, they will give you a sample: that's the best time to personalize the drink to your taste buds. Omar made sure we were satisfied. He arranged a surprise cheer and song for my niece with sparklers and a complimentary dessert. It made all the difference. We were dressed: dressy casual. Other patrons were dressed casual or dressy casual, as well. I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank Valentina F