“A Great Sushi Place in Riverdale (Bronx) NY”

Palace of Japan Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 1,270 Restaurants in Bronx
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 October 2017

The place is amazing. I rate the place not only by the ambiance, but also the food and this place has a very good Miso Soup.
The ambiance of the Place is average, the service was very good.
The sushi was very good and fresh, I would recommend the following:
- I Love Lucy roll
- Spicy Salmon with Avocado roll
- Yellowtail with scallions roll

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The quality of the food was quite good. And fresh. Some unusual rolls are produced that were quite tasty. My friends swear by this and I thought it was quite good. Service was efficient

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Really nice place with great service.
Both my friend and I ordered chicken teriyaki platters. They came fairly quickly. First the food was cold. It tasted like they took boiled, totally unseasoned, chicken, spilled some store bought, cheap teriyaki sauce on it and sent it out to us. We were afraid to point out that it was cold, as we did not know how it would be handled in the kitchen.

They handed us a desert menu which looks extremely impressive. We ordered a great looking pistacia parfait and a great looking chocolate mous. The parfait was a much smaller portion than it looked like in the picture, which turned out to be good, because it certainly was not tasty. The mous was also not very good.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

I had eaten here only twice in the past and was not impressed with either the size or the quality. However, lately, I've found the food to be fresh and generous. I've now gone back 3 times in the last 2 weeks. The rolls are bursting with fish and not overloaded with rice. The futomaki, which I don't order because it's so generic, is the best I've ever eaten and have now ordered each time. So happy to find a really good sushi restaurant in the Bronx that I can get to easily and not have to travel an hour down into Manhattan or up into White Plains. Yay!

Reviewed 9 December 2016

This place is a delightful hangout for many members of the Riverdale community. A friendly bartender serves cheerful regulars with great Manhattans and Lychee martinis in a small corner bar. Later in the evening, it's a couple's hangout. My favorite time is from 5pm to 7pm, when families with small children come in for lovely meals with great service. I was there the other day and there were four tables, each with one parent and a small child under three having a meal together. The staff is so welcoming and friendly with families with small children, it's become our go-to spot for family meals.
They have some great vegetarian options (garden roll and yam roll) if a member of your group doesn't eat fish.