“Decent & comfortable in a perfect location”

Days Inn Bronx Near Stadium
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Bronx
Canandaigua, New York
“Decent & comfortable in a perfect location”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I could not find fault with this hotel after reading all the reviews and advice from tripadvisor members about not staying. I booked 1 night for the two of us through Expedia which gave me a rebate of $50 for their non fee credit card.
The room we had was a King size non smoking #214. The hallway was clean and smelled fine. We slept like babies in the very comfortable bed and room with screen tv, complimentary internet, extra pillow and clean bathroom. We were happy with the $163 room rate ( without our discount).
It is a perfect hotel for staying after a Yankees game which is why we had come a second time this summer due to a rescheduled rainout game. The location is by a couple of busy roads and a car junk yard but we heard no noises inside or out. ( 10:30 pm till 9:30 am)
It is about 9 blocks from the stadium( which we walked down to) and we returned via taxi for $8 without tip. There isn't much else around the location so we were not looking to be out past the game time.
Breakfast is included: 2 cereals, english muffin, pastries, fruit
(apple/orange), coffee , juice which I found plenty for starting the day then heading in to Manhattan.
I took photos but have yet to download.. I will post later or you can pm me for a request.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank islabonita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manhattan Beach, California
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Ahmed gave me good directions to give to the cab driver once I got off the train, and was at the hotel in a few mins. Once I got into the room, I was pretty pleased! New furniture, flat screen TV- more than I was expecting. Breakfast was tasty (and free!) When it was time for me to go back to the airport, Ahmed got me a cab and called me when it was outside-( hes a total sweetheart) Overall great experience!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shannon M
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed one night at the Days Inn Yankee Stadium during a recent trip to NYC. It was not at all what we expected. We arrived by subway at 10:30 Friday evening. We were under the impression the hotel was only a few blocks away. Because of the late hour we called the hotel to get directions. The neighborhood is not great so we didn't want to be out wandering around. The person who answered the phone didn't speak great English so the conversation ended with me thinking all we had to do was walk to River Avenue, turn right and we'd see the hotel. That wasn't quite the case. We turned right, walked to the top of the hill...no Days Inn. We went into a little deli and asked where the hotel was....nobody seemed to know what we were talking about. We started to get nervous and the guy at the deli called us a cab...the cabs are unmarked. Thankfully I had seen this in another review so it didn't make me nervous. We got in and told the driver where we were going...he still didn't seem quite sure so we told him it was relatively new and then he figured it out. He dropped us off and we went in. The front desk clerk is behind a glass wall. You have to drop your credit card and ID in a little slot like I've seen at sports arenas. We finally got to our room which was ok. It was relatively new so that was good. The towels were awful and they had a little sign stating because of the popularity they are now for sale. What a joke! A nice way to ask people not to steal them but who would want to. They had HBO which was good so we watched part of a movie and fell asleep. Couldn't wait to get out the next morning. They had a reasonable continental breakfast so we ate and went upstairs to checkout. The best part was when we asked if we could leave our bags until after the game. They said they didn't have a place to keep them behind the desk but we could leave them on the floor in the lobby next to a camera! We just laughed and left. What a joke. I would not recommend this hotel mostly because of the location and extreme lack of basic amenities.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 1nyfan2

Travellers are raving about these Bronx hotels

San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Close to Yankee Stadium---you can walk but I would not recommend doing it at night. The cab ride was less than 10 dollars. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and the continental breakfast was more than adequate. The price was worth it. Not too many places to eat around the hotel, which was the downside so we just ordered a pizza and had it delivered. If you have a car, better arrive early as spots are at a premium. Could not imagine what you would do if there were no parking spaces left.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MTG1116
Montandon PA
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Clean, fresh room and public areas. Free parking (the stadium cost or neighbors $45 for the Paul McCartney show). stadium a good 20 min walk-mostly uphill- straight up 165th. Easy access off the GW bridge. Will stay there again and definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple