All reviews typical courtyard evening bar fast internet couple restaurants comfy room breakfast service courtyard marriott frequent traveler water pressure in the shower the ac unit have stayed here several times shopping and restaurants great property business trip would stay here again the hotel is clean first floor
Reviewed 19 August 2018

I chose this hotel due to rolling bed. I visited with my son and wife, Front desk told there is no RB at all in this hotel and further it is a mistake of travel agency. As he knows this, he should correct it as he provides the room to travel agency. I am so confused why honest customer just arrived has to suffer due to the miscommunication. Even though this hotel is good, I think they are not honest.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
jshutt, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear maanoske,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community. I apologize that we were not able to satisfy your travelling needs. I believe you had rented a room with 2 Double beds that we list as being able to accommodate up to 4 people. Unfortunately, the few rollaway beds that we have are reserved for our King rooms that do not have a pull-out couch or King or Double Room Suites that have the floor space to accommodate them. Our suggested capacity per room listed on our website is 3 people max for a King room, 4 max for a Double room, 4 max for a King suite and 6 max for a Double suite. Fire code prevents us from placing rollaways in exit areas of the guest room for you and our staff's safety.

Thank you for your loyalty to Courtyard by Marriott.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was adequate, nothing remarkable. The hotel could use some updates and could have been a little cleaner. It is close to the airport and it was very easy to find.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2018

I was here on a business trip last week. The staff was friendly, and the accommodations quiet and comfortable. I enjoyed the visit, but they earned a 'gold star', when, after getting home, I realized I had left a set of very expensive headsets in the room .. when I called and explained the situation the next day, the young lady immediately said "let me check" ... to my surprise, she went up to the room, returned, and said "there're here". They then mailed them to me the next day. Really outstanding ... it's great to deal with an honest staff who take the extra time to take care of you. Will absolutely return to this property when in Rochester again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
JeffShutt, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear BGouker,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and share your experience on TripAdvisor! I truly believe we have some of the best associates in Rochester as some of them have been here for over 25 years! I would guess that the average length of service for an associate at our property is well over 5 years. They truly care about taking care of their guests so that they have the best possible experience.

We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

This is a great choice with access to the airport and major highways around the area. The place was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was warm and welcoming - management was very active - even helping out when things got busy. Impressive leadership and a good modeling of doing whatever it takes. This is a solid choice for a visit to this area.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

All in all the place was just ok. It was an older property and it was definitely showing it. We were on the third floor and something was wrong with the HVAC and ventilation system in our room. When the air conditioner was on it was okay but when it turned off the room suddenly turned extremely hot.

Trip type: Travelled with family
jshutt, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Sankoshy,

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your comments and agree that when the air conditioner is turned off the room will quickly heat up when it's over 90* outside. Each of our rooms is individually controlled by the user and are allowed to operate the A/C on a continuous fan cycle to prevent any overheating in the room.

We hope to be able to host you again in the future.

Safe travels,