“Great food - beautiful, old building”
Review of Iron Forge Inn

Iron Forge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Bellvale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Food was excellent - all around. Many quaint dining rooms. We were in an enclosed porch - great. the bar downstairs has a 200+ year old fireplace

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Having passed the sign for the Iron Forge Inn many times, we finally found a night to stop in for dinner. From the moment we walked through the door we were greeted warmly and accommodated at a lovely table next to the fireplace, despite not having a reservation.

The room we were in was small and quaint, with historic pictures decorating the walls. The menu was eclectic with a little something for everyone. I selected the venison while my husband chose duck.

Our server was helpful and attentive. We were very satisfied with our dinner, it was truly wonderful. We will be back to check out the pub downstairs, thanks so much!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 30 November 2016

I recently dined at the Iron Forge Inn for dinner with my husband to celebrate his 40th birthday. When I called to make the reservation, I told them what we were celebrating. I was told that we'd be seated near the fireplace. When we arrived for our 7 PM reservation, our table was ready and we were seated exactly where I was told, right next to the fireplace. The restaurant offers a New American menu using local ingredients. The restaurant offers a tasting menu. My husband and I love a tasting menu. However, EVERYTHING on the menu looked so good that we didn't want to both be eating the same thing! So we shared three appetizers (crisp pork belly, ragout of mushrooms & roasted tomatoes, and seared scallop) two different entrees (petite beef shoulder roast and Labelle Farms duck breast) and two desserts (seasonal creme brulee trio and bread pudding). It was ALL delicious! We left stuffed! They even treated my husband to one of the desserts we ordered, for his birthday!. Our waiter, was friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend dining here if you are in the area!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

The building dates back to the 1700's and is charming and welcoming in every season...but the wood burning fireplace is a definite winter bonus. Two comments about the food. Go. Go now. Then go for brunch. They never disappoint. The miso salmon, surf and turf, ravioli...everything is wonderfully prepared. We have yet to ask have it boxed to take home. Looking forward to our next visit!

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner at this inn recently. It is old and historic located in a very rural setting. They have indoor and outdoor seating. They also have a private gazeebo on a hill behind the inn for private parties. The food was gourmet and excellent. Service very slow.

Date of visit: September 2016