“Quiet, unassuming, but delightful!”
Review of Beacon Pantry

Beacon Pantry
Ranked #16 of 81 Restaurants in Beacon
Cuisines: European
Description: Providing artisan food and service to Beacon and beyond. Beacon Pantry features a wide variety of cut-to-order domestic and imported cheese and charcuterie. Large selection of local, Italian and hard to find French pantry items, grass-fed local meats and dairy. Stumptown coffee, unique chocolates, fine pastries and desserts. Serving brunch, lunch, cheese boards, European style sandwiches, beer and wine. Catering for any size event.
Reviewed 12 June 2017

On a beautiful Sunday, I put the top down on my Porsche, shut off the GPS and just head North with my wife. No plans as we wound up in the eclectic town of Beacon, New York. We cruise up Main Street and look left and right until something says..."This is where you should stop, for a bite and a glass of Chardonnay!" We pulled up, quickly got seated outdoor, and marveled at this old beautiful building, which was once a carriage house. The BEACON PANTRY, it just whispers of relaxation, as the menu will really take you by surprise. It most definitely is artisan food with artisan service. Not your usual sandwiches or appetizers that scream, "BOOORING!" Inside, you will find an incredible selection of cheeses like I've never seen. What made our experience even more delightful was Dan, our server. Charming, a class act, and went right along with my crazy sense of humor. The easiest thing to do was simply to ask him, "What do you recommend"? It was obvious by his enthusiasm, that he not only loved what he did, but believed in the choices he offered. We had a shrimp appetizer and a potatoes appetizer in a yummy tomatoes sauce as starters. Our two sandwiches hit the spot, I had a Croque Monsieur...a must! My wife kept it simple with a reminder of our Italian Delis from NYC, as she chomped down a great Prosciutto Di Parma sandwich with chunks of Parmiggiano Reggiano. The presentation immediately captures the attention of your eyes. My father was a chef and once said, "The eyes begin the feast before the stomach!" Indeed they did. The wine was just right...a combination of mood, Dan, food, the red head with the green eyes across from me and of course, the kitchen at the BEACON PANTRY, made all this a memory well worth the trip of 72 miles! Thank you to the owner Stacey Penlon, you are doing a terrific job!

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Stopped in here one afternoon recently, primarily as I noted that Stumptown coffee was served. Pleasant enough interior. Ordered an Americano and a pastry from the counter. The Americano was okay, but watery. Not what I expected from a Stumptown beverage.

Meanwhile, I later learned that the so-so berry tart was $5.50, although there was no signage indicating the price. Not sure if that was by design but I for one would have given a pass at that price. Even Balthazar is not that expensive and there you can count on decent quality.

The selection of imported food items for sale in the grocery section was similarly overpriced.

Next time I'm in Beacon I'll check out one of the other many cafe venues.

1  Thank vlblv
Reviewed 15 February 2017

I am a frequent flier at the Beacon Pantry, partly because they have excellent coffee. They also specialize in cheese, and one of my favorite things in the world is a cheese platter from Beacon Pantry. The owner gets to know your preferences and personalizes the platter for each customer - can't be beat! You can also get great meals and delish french pastries. Can't recommend the Beacon Pantry highly enough.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

this small cafe was a perfect place for a small sandwich and drink to hold until dinner. amaiable staff and service for such a small place. gives character to beacon's main street.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

The French ham and cheese sandwich (one grilled, one not) was very tasty with good quality ingredients and a reasonable price. The vegetarian sandwich was also an excellent choice.

There's outside seating available, and the street noise there can be highly disconcerting, so check that out before you opt for it.

Been to Beacon Pantry? Share your experiences!