“Great atmosphere”

Ella's Bellas
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Beacon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 March 2016

After passing by Ella's Bellas many times, we finally stopped in and picked up a few pastries to go along with some limeade. The limeade was delicious and tart, but not too sour or sweet. It was just right and didn't have any "pulp" inside so it is nice and smooth. I would go back to Ella's just for the limeade alone! My husband enjoyed the chocolate bundt cake with walnuts and chocolate ganache. It was just too sweet for me and one bite was enough. We had also gotten a raspberry filled brownie which was extremely sweet and fudge-like once you bit into it. The flavor was good, but again it was just too sweet for me (and I have a sweet tooth!). I look forward to returning when in Beacon next and trying some of the other pastries & getting another limeade!

1  Thank schnauzermom05

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

I've been to Ella's Bellas a number of times and it's a true gem! Everything is delicious and everything is gluten free. It's heaven for those of us who need to eat gluten free. They make delicious pastries, breads, and foods. An absolute must if you're passing through Beacon. Even my husband loves it & he's not gluten free.

Big selection, great location, plenty of seating and an adorable outdoor patio when the weather is nice. So cozy!

1  Thank Ski11803
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

As soon you open the front door you feel the smell of fresh coffee, inviting sensation which open my sense for a hot latte, it was absolutely delicious, perfect brew, next some baked goods, lots of choices, coconut muffin for me this time, I can easy eat two of them, of course take one for later.

1  Thank ErnestineSw
Reviewed 6 December 2015

We stopped here for lunch. We were on the road on our way home after a week of intensive eating during Thanksgiving, so we wanted something light and good coffee.
Inside was rustic and down to earth, creating a sort of Bohemian atmosphere. Right on the left of the entrance was bins of coffee beans and a roasting machine, indicating that they are serious about their coffee, a very good sign.
The food was mostly, if not all, gluten free and vegetarian or vegan.
We ordered a bowl of "white bean and corn chowder" and a quiche. They should have warned us that the bowl was huge, more like a mixing bowl, and we would have had a cup. Also, what was brought to us looked like a black bean soup, even though it was called chowder and there was nothing black listed in the description. So, I was puzzled why it was black, and the soup tasted sour and just not good.
The quiche was also pretty big and it came with some salad greens. I guess it was also gluten free crust, which was fine, but it was rather bland.
The best thing was coffee.
Despite the disappointment in the food, we still enjoyed sitting there and sipping coffee.

1  Thank Yasunari I
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Great bakery on Main Street. Wonderful scones, turnovers etc. Great coffee!! And Gluten Free!!!
Wonderful selection that also includes lunch items etc.

1  Thank mary12872015