US$95
US$161
US$145
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

US$225
US$220
Clegg's Hotel(Ocean Beach)
US$262
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Unvacuumed floors, everything has a dingey look and feel. However linens & towels were changes daily. Bathroom cleaned daily also.
Several repairs were needed ... Cracked mirror, furniture is gross old and dirty and unstable. Towel rack broke and a syringe slipped out of the hollow part. THE SHARP WAS STILL ATTACHED!! Staff was very polite. Sketchy "guests" staying in rooms surrounding mine. This place has a "covert operation" feel. Creepy. It was free because I spent the entire week complaining... Also, the syringe incident

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Dog got sick, so needed something last minute quick quick close to the animal hospital. $90 got me a room, but it wasn't worth more than $20. Was simply awful. Hookers, and smokers and yellers - and that was just the lobby view.

Simply awful.
Sheets thin. Pillows and blanket just gross.
The landscaping between the street and the hotel property would have been cleaner.

Truth be told, it's a hooker or "love" motel.
It's not for thoughtful, clean people looking for a descent night's sleep.

Room Tip: there is no good room here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank bradlamm
Reviewed 30 July 2012

pretty good place for the money. Had a couple issues with this place. The showers fluxuate from hot to cold to hot in a matter of seconds,and when i say hot im talking scolding hot. The other think was the maid took a mattress pad that we had for medical reasons. We told the front desk and it was found by the next morning. The staff was very friendly. Convienent place for us. We were there 3 nights cuz we were visiting my brother in law. I felt safe in my room. Not sure what these other reviews are all about. I priced alot of motels in the area and this was the cheapest. So for the price it was ok. No problems

Room Tip: you pay for what you get. pretty good for the price in bayshore.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Really.

That writer who just visited in March? Sadly, it was the only review I read. I'm now deeply suspicious of his lone contribution. At any rate, his tolerance should not be emulated by the rest of us who expect something at least decent for $90 a night. At that WAS the price. Ninety , flat--not ninety plus taxes (city, state, or other). Ninety, pal, take it or leave it. Paying, I had the unmistakable impression most patrons use cash.

A few specifics:

Forget your shampoo? I did, but I drove to the 7-11 rather than put $1.50 in the lobby vending machine for a small foil packet of off-brand.

Wish to shower? Be very careful. This is an event for the nimble only. Dodging in and out of the water as it shifted unpredictably from scalding to frigid was near-dangerous and certainly contra-indicated for those who are not cat-quick first thing in the morning. This happened every few seconds as (presumably) other guests turned a tap or flushed a toilet. I finally gave up, shut the water off, soaped up, and dared a quick rinse.

That $90 price tag is a brilliant ploy. The Bay Shore is on par with places for which I’ve gladly paid $33 when I was in the middle of nowhere and my next option was an hour distant. Clean linen and a door that locked were about all to be expected. Here I got little else and—not sure of that lock—I did stick chair under the door knob, prompted by my gut to a pathetic imitation of some 1940’s B movie. (No, I’m not usually paranoid, but we all saw Psycho, right?) Had the price been $33—or anything fairly representing the value—I’d have been forewarned.

Now, at least, you are.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MDWfan1
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We were looking for an inexpensive place to crash for the night and found the bay shore inn. Simple, clean and pleasant staff. Good location and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends