US$119
Red Roof
US$88
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrack viewbatavia downstop floorwalls are paper thinhardwood floorshorse racesbig showerroom wasn't readyrooms are beautifulking roomsoccer tournamentbreakfast roomguest roomshighly recommend this hotelcomfortable bedsper nightvisit family
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Re racing: We had a track side room, on a racing night. Loved the view of races from rooms. There are several nooks in the glassed passageway between casino/check-in and hotel to watch the track or relax and read. A far superior hotel to the Hotel at Vernon Downs. It would be nice addition to have a Batavia racing channel in the rooms.

Re other aspects: Check-in could be a bit smoother, more efficient. Staff friendly. Breakfast fine. No problems with noise from hallways and other rooms. Walk to rooom not much longer than it is at many hotels/motels.

Overall: Well done, kudos to builder/owner/management. Looking forward to a return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SumachLad
Rick L, General Manager at Hotel at Batavia Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review about our hotel. We appreciate your kind words. We strive to make everything as great as we can for our guests.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Rooms were nice. That where it ends. Had to trek our own baggage from Valet, which is located at the other end of the building. Made a mistake and left our vehicle there. No way in Am to get it. Security could not find the keys. Restaurant also not located conveniently. Other end of building. They claim they are children friendly now, but you need to go outside and walk around to the other end of the Casino. Not laid out well if you have baggage or children., Also noisey. Thin walls.

Room Tip: Get room on 4th floor. DO not use valet. Park across the highway. Shorter walk. Eat out.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Rick L, General Manager at Hotel at Batavia Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are pleased to know that you think our rooms are nice. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Let me assure you that we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction from the time you arrive, up until you leave our hotel. So we truly appreciate that you have shared your feedback with us. I am confident that our management team is looking into this and will continue to do their best to improve in order to accommodate you better in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here last week, for 1 week
The bellman gave us a nice welcome and tons of information! Good job !!
As for the HK, pretty bad service, rooms were not cleaned properly
They only made the beds
One day not even the beds were made
Underneath the beds were full if dust
Furniture also full if dust. Maids knock early in the morning to enter the room, they even try to open the door of our room

We travel a lot but have never experienced this !
Housekeeping personnel needs lots of improvement!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rick L, General Manager at Hotel at Batavia Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. I have reviewed your comments with the housekeeping staff. We pride ourselves in being the cleanest hotel in Batavia. We will continue to work as hard as we can until we satisfy 100% of our guests.

Warm regards

The Management Staff at The Hotel at Batavia Downs

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Our family stayed at this hotel August 5-6 and based on this being a luxury hotel it was very disappointing! We were greeted when we arrived by Larry the Bellman and he was the best part of our stay! He helped us with our bags, gave us tons of information about the hotel and other things about the area. The other staff were useless and very unhelpful, some were also rude! When we asked for help getting a taxi to go to a ball game we were told by the other bellman to ask security, security looked at us like we had 6 heads and then eventually gave us a phone number but wouldn't let us use their phone (a local call). When the taxi said it would be a 2 hour wait we decided to ask the front desk if there was a shuttle? They said yes but we couldn't use it to go to the game.....we should call UBER.....we then found Larry and asked him....he called and we had a taxi pick us up in under 10 mins! My boys were so impressed with him that they gave him the foul ball they caught at the game! This hotel should have Larry train all of their staff on what customer service is all about!!
The room was nice however it sounded like there was a herd of elephants above us all night, it was so loud! If we ever stayed again it would only be if we could get a room on the 4th floor (top floor), hopefully it would be quieter.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd and it sounded like a herd of elephants were above us all night long! Maybe try the top floor?
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rick L, General Manager at Hotel at Batavia Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Was here for a wedding. Had a fantastic time at the wedding but the hotel was the problem. Starting off, I booked it because of a promo rate they advertised on the site which was less than the wedding discount (for a king room). They girl on the phone confirmed the rate but said she was having computer difficulties and that she's update the price but assured me it would be $99 plus tax. I sent a follow up and never heard back. Long story short, they tried to charge me the full amount ($187). I took a few tried but finally they argued to honor the rate because it was the reservation teams mistake/miscommunication. Great. Water under the bridge.

Met the owner in the hotel (before check in)- super nice guy! Told us some fun trivia about the horses. So things are looking good! Didn't mention my previous problem to him since it was resolved.

But then....the wedding was an early one so asked for an early check in - they couldn't grant it. I understand these are requests but you know about a wedding group in advance. So I had no room to get ready in an had to check in after the wedding at 10pm. Not ideal but whatever. If it wasn't possible it wasn't possible.

Had issues with the restaurant/bar but I won't go into detail. Just bad service twice in a row. Next morning all the bar glasses/food still on the bar. I've never worked at a restaurant/bar that leaves things out like that overnight.

But the real kicker:
The phone in my room wouldn't call out and my phone was MIA after the wedding. Asked the front desk if I could use the desk phone after several attempts at troubleshooting. They would not. Instead they had me walk back, up the elevator, to into my room with one of the receptionists to prove it was not working, walk back to the desk and then be able to use the phone behind the desk. Come on....

The rooms were gorgeous though, great shower, coffee maker, and bed. Need to train staff better.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Rick L, General Manager at Hotel at Batavia Downs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are pleased to know that you think our rooms are beautiful. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. Let me assure you that we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction from the time you arrive, up until you leave our hotel. So we truly appreciate that you have shared your feedback with us. I am confident that our management team is looking into this and will continue to do their best to improve in order to accommodate you better in the future.