All reviews scavenger hunt delaware river sunrise room other guests breathtaking views cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres wonderful hosts b bs hiking trails each evening local artists get away bald eagles cocktail reception private balcony guest reception
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of a weekend at Ecce. The property is beautiful and the view of the Delaware river is amazing. The icing on the cake is great fare and attention to detail. Alan and Kurt are wonderful hosts. We look forward to many return trips. Tom & Monica

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
eccebandb, Owner at Ecce Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear Monica & Tom-
It was great spending the weekend with you. We had a great time too!
Many thanks for this generous review.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I wanted to join my brother for a 3 day getaway that was not too far from NYC. We selected Ecce after reading the wonderful reviews. There are five bedrooms available - we were in the Woods which was very comfortable and included a jacuzzi in the bathroom. The hosts Alan and Kurt provided a wonderful selection for breakfast each morning and provided appetizers on the deck at 5:00 in the afternoon. We also enjoyed their pool at a second property. Ecce is a wonderful location made exquisite by the attentiveness and thoughtfulness of Alan and Kurt. We will return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
eccebandb, Owner at Ecce Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear D & B-
Thank you so much for your terrific review! It was great fun meeting you and your brother!
Looking forward to future good times. Be well.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Having had the fortune to travel to over 40 countries and most of the U.S. States, I can say with confidence you will not find more hospitable hosts than at ECCE. We enjoyed our stay tremendously. The breakfast 'made to order' was as fabulous as the view of the Upper Delaware River from our lodging perched in the sky.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear S & MA-
Thanks so much for your outstanding review! We really appreciate your thoughtfulness in submitting it. Receiving this type of feedback is extremely rewarding for us.Much appreciated!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I have been there twice, and on both trips we have come back raving about the warm hospitality of Alan and Kurt, the beautiful ambience, and surroundings above the Delaware River which are nothing short of spectacular. Two page breakfast menus with delicious choices, each specially prepared as ordered along with weekend "surprise" dishes are amazing. For rest and relaxation in a bucolic setting it can't be beaten. This is ideal for those who do not want the organized "fun" of a resort, but still have the relaxing atmosphere of a first class get-away.

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms, different views. 4 are on the second floor, and one on the first, each with its own unique views of sunrises, sunsets, woods and river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
eccebandb, Owner at Ecce Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear B&D-
Your visits are great fun for us too! We really your company and hope to meet more of the family in July!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is my third season and last weekend was my fourth stay at the spectacular ridge on the Delaware. This is my second review as a follow-up. Kurt and Alan's retreat remains the standard by which other b & b's should be judged. Ecce is still a rare find. As you can see, the reviews are consistently good, and for me, the quality level is still top-notch.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear A&A-
It was great seeing you again and catching up. Many thanks for taking the time to submit a second review. Much appreciated! Hope to see you later in the summer!