“Jerk Chicken”

Spices Negril Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #38 of 79 Restaurants in Baldwin
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Description: Spices Negril Restaurant & Lounge is a fine dining Caribbean restaurant located in South Hempstead, New York We provide our guests with the best Caribbean cuisine served by excellent wait staff.
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Good Food and nice atmosphere. If you never tried Caribbean food then Spices is a great start. They have good prices and many options.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Well, my husband & I celebrated in May. I chose Spices Negril and I am soooo sorry I did. The waitress was only attentive to the patrons she knew. I guess they were regulars. The lights were so dim you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. It took 25 minutes for her to take our orders. 45 minutes for drinks...1.5 hours to get our food. After 2 hours someone finally lit the candle at our table. And the music...it was so loud we couldn't even have conversation. So much bass I could even feel it in my chest. Asked for a refill and water, never got it.

I will NEVER go there again. Thanks for ruing my anniversary!

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

Purchased a groupon and gave it a shot. Ordered through the take out and it was pretty good. The food selection was the average Jamaican dishes. Curry chicken and goat, jerk chicken, ox tails, fish, stew chicken etc. I ordered the stew chicken, curry goat and jerk chicken and all was ok. I will use the other groupon for dining in to see if they have a more expanded selection.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Five people in our group and everybody was more than satisfied with their food. Jerk chicken, ox tails, curry chicken, rice and peas...and more. Everything we ate was very, very good. Can't wait to go back to South Hempstead, NY, and get some more good food!

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

I have dined here a few times. I usually go next door to get food to go. Food is good a big overpriced when dining in, $14 for jerk chicken and rice and peas.
It was a little surreal inside. When I walked in I felt like everyone was looking at me as all of the tables faced the main entrance and the bar.
I recommend food for take out as you get good Jamaican food for less than you would pay inside.