Delta Camp
US$148
Cresta Mahalapye(Mahalapye)
US$176
Woodlane Hotel(Gaborone)
Mankwe Bush Lodge(Okavango Delta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
Gaborone Hotel(Gaborone)
Jumia Travel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstree housetiny planesingle fileopen airwater buffalowater lilieswet seasonmemorable experiencetreehousemattmdreedtoiletcabinwalksmokoroboats
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Our trip to delta camp was amazing. On the plane on the way, there was lots of game. We landed at Oddballs and saw a big elephant close up. Then Knowledge and Joshua our guides greeted us and gave us a briefing of the area. After we took the Mokoro (wooden canoes) to delta camp and saw elephants and hippos. St arrival Pony greeted us and told us about everything that was going to happen . After we went in an evening walk and saw giraffes and elephants . The next morning we did a morning mokoro and walk where we saw a pride of lions elephants buffalo giraffes and all in foot . The guides were very knowledgable and reassuringly said "if a lion charges at you, stay still , make eye contact and take your pictures!!!".
The rooms are lovely with great views and very comfortable beds. Also the food is amazing.
Thank you to everyone who made our trip so amazing!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2017

My husband and I had a truly magical experience at Delta Camp. Matt, the manager, and our guides were extremely knowledgeable and fun. The people of Botswana are very friendly and extemely proud of their successful government and country - a nice feeling to experience in Africa or anywhere!

We have traveled extensively but have rarely experienced the amazing remoteness and sense that nothing had changed in thousands of years in the Delta. Delta Camp does a fabulous job of serving good, healthy meals (and plenty of them) in such a remote location. The accommodations were clean and comfortable, but perhaps more rustic than some may wish given the luxury price. I felt the open air cabins were interesting and appropriate for the setting. The plumbing worked fine and the showers were good and hot. Who doesn't like sharing your quarters with some wildlife when out in the bush?

And gliding through the reeds, surrounded by water lilies in a mokoro poled by your guide is the most relaxing sensation I've experienced. (In spite of the hundreds or thousands of hidden hippos!)

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 4 February 2017

An amazingly special 2 nights. We splurged as we cant imagine ever exploring that area again wanted to maximise our delta experience. We were fortunate enough to be the only guests. Will never forget the Tree House
Highly recommended

Room Tip: Tree house - sleep may be disturbed by animals close by, all open air, that is the fun
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Stayed here 2 nights with my 16 year old son. For the 2 nights, 2 people it cost me almost $3600. for that kind of money, I expect near perfect, even if it is high season!
I do agree with one of the other reviewers. Lots of P and P (prints and poop). You do see animals, but not up close, and definitely no lions, you only hear them at night. I wanted to see lions but maybe not while out walking through the brush with my wonderful guide Kenny only having a walkie-talkie radio. (#1 rule outside: If a lion charges you- do not run!!)
With the exception of the elephants, I used my telephoto lens for all the animal pictures.
We arrived and were graciously greeted by our guide Kenny who has to be one of the nicest guys on the planet! He is very knowledgeable about animals, plants, trees, insects and birds. He was not only our personal guide but also our mokoro poler.
We went out on game walks each morning and evening. The second day, my son's phone calculated we walked almost 8 miles that day around camp and looking for animals.
The ONLY activities you do are either by mokoro or by walking!
Matt, the office manager who has been there about 23 years is very calm and will accommodate you as best he can. He did email (ha ha) the elephants to come close so we could get a picture of us in the foreground!
ALL the other guides, staff members introduced themselves and shook our hands.
Food was delicious, bar/ beverages available anytime. Kenny carried water for us on all our walks and a cooler of bevs on the mokoro for us.
Our laundry was done for us (no female undies though). They did launder my son's boxer shorts and our socks and ironed EVERYTHING!
The room (called a chalet) is basically 3-sided with one side open onto the savannah (and possible animal visitors). The bathroom area was off to one side. The shower worked fairly well, the toilet behind a bamboo curtain for privacy.
The bed did have mosquito netting but I hated to get up at night to use the toilet for fear of mosquito's chasing me.
No electrical outlets in the rooms although they do provide 3 small lights for the room/bathroom and 1 light over each bed.
You do hear elephant's and hippo sounds on and off through the night. You also can hear the elephant's breaking branches and shaking palm tree's (for the palm nuts) as well, at times just outside your room.
They will charge your phone and camera battery's for you. The office also has a safe that Matt will take care of for you like your passports, etc..
Delta Camp is unique and nice, the staff are all wonderful, especially Kenny but at the price I paid, (more than double compared to other places) I expected more than what I received. If I'd paid half this price I would have given it 5 stars.

Room Tip: Tree house is hard to get but heard it sways..... you do have to go up and down steps to get there and down steps to use the toilet.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Momplayinghookie
Reviewed 19 February 2016

If you are lucky to get to Delta Camp, expect a unique experience. It is hard to describe. But it is the best camp in Africa.

It isn't really like any other safari. You might see big game. We got close to lions and elephants - in fact the ellies were in the camp. But it is the small animals of every kind, the plants and the ecosystem that are so special. My favourites? The bats in the shower.

Did I say peacefulness? Well it is genuinely wild and unfenced. So don't complain if the animals keep you awake.

Peter the owner is a legend too. And they have great polers/guides, using real wood mekoro.

Room Tip: Avoid the hut that occasionally gets flattened by elephants - no one has been hurt yet.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family