All reviews room was clean would stay again budget hotel rooms are small coffee maker road trip continental breakfast yogurt new mexico repair lodging
Reviewed 1 June 2018

The good things: good location on the main road into Taos from the south; outside of the building is very smart; comfortable bed; the complimentary breakfast was very good with a selection of fresh fruit and yogurt as well as the usual cereals, breads etc.
The not-so-good things: the furnishings were a bit shabby; the bug-screen on the window was missing, so didn't like to leave the window open; I asked for a quiet room and was given one right by the road.
I often stay in Wyndham Group hotels but this one was at the lower end of my experience with them.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Good if you enter Taos from the right direction. Room was clean and in good repair. Young man at the desk was very pleasant and helpful with local information and directions. I'd stay again as it was some of the best pricing in town.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I have stayed at this Super 8 twice before. Both previous times I was impressed with the high quality of cleanliness, friendliness, and service. I was informed that this high quality was in part due to Wyndham management. Very favorable impression! But this time the first thing I saw in my room was a request for tips from housekeeping. I have seen this only twice before in my fairly extensive experience of staying at motels around the country. The tip envelope, rather richly hand-decorated, was, in fact identical to an envelope I saw once previously at a very seedy motel in Taos. I pondered what I would do about this and decided I might leave a tip at the end of my 4 day stay. The next evening when I cam home from my business engagement I saw that the creamers had not been replaced, the floor, where I had spilled a bit of my lentil salad, had not been swept, and the counters had not been wiped down at all. I wondered, was this because I did not leave a tip?? Next morning I left a note for housekeeping requesting all of these normal claening services, and indeed, when I came home the room looked great. Because I really do like to stat at this motel I attempted to discuss the question of housekeepers requesting tips at the desk as I checked out 3 days later. The woman at the desk did not want to talk about this. She referred me to the head housekeeper who basically didn't hear me, was somewhat defensive -- of COURSE it is not a good choice to talk to housekeeping about a housekeeping issue! I needed to talk to management. The desk person could have relayed my concerns to the manager who was not there, but she had no interest in doing this. I asked to leave a voicemail for the manager and was told she has no voicemail. The desk clerk took my cell number and promised me that the manager would call me when she got in. I never received a call. If you need to pay your housekeepers more please do so!! I am happy to pay a bit higher rate. The question I would ask is, is this business practice, leaving housekeeping requests for tips, worth the distress it may cause customers?

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We’ve been staying at Super8s all over the Mid-West/South in a road trip. Stayed in Taos on our penultimate night in the States and it was such a disappointment. The worst accommodation of our trip. The room absolutely stank of chemicals. It was suffocating and we felt so ill. I watched a cleaner spray another room, as I happened to walk past, with pink spray. It doesn’t clean a room - it just fills it with dangerous chemicals.
Reception staff - one lovely guy from Albuquerque - but the other was completely abrupt. Kept saying ‘we are full’ when we asked for an extra pillow & blanket. Wouldn’t move us from near the back door that kept banging either.
Woke the next morning with raging sore throats and nasty chemical smell in nostrils. Yuk! Not recommended!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2018

The place is pretty average. Clean and comfortable. Desk staff a little slow and not super knowledgeable, but no big deal. We would have preferred a location near the plaza and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple