See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a huge disappointment. Rooms are run down and after sleeping in the bed for four hours I was covered with bed bug bites. All over my neck, face and arms. At least 50 or so that woke me up at 3am! It was just awful. Went to front desk at 7am and they weren't even surprised when I showed them the bites. I'm sensitive to insects and mine were extremely red and welting. Left my information and never received a call from anyone. Don't go there as I believe they knew they had bed bugs and didn't care. Will be reporting them to the Dept of Health and the Chamber of Commerce. I have pictures of the bites on my body.

Room Tip: Don't go here!
7  Thank Marlene H
Dean K, General Manager at Kachina Lodge Resort Hotel and Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

October 19, 2018

To Marlene H

Thank you for your review; however we have a staff who are well trained and able to consistently detect the absence of bed bugs therefore a report with high emphasis about them is highly over-stated; and also not true unless you acquired your bites elsewhere. We have a procedure for incident reports prepared by you and us after physically receiving your evidence so we could make corrections.

We wish you would have called our 24 hour call-line. Have a nice day!

W. Dean Koop, General Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed on October 13,14,15th in a QQ room overlooking the courtyard and I was very happy with the room I received, the location was PERFECT and CLOSE to everything. Front desk staff ( Sheri and Adrian ) were extremely friendly and Courteous. I WOULD definitely recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family in the future. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience!! The restaurant had a wide range of dishes and the red chili was to die for. Next time I visit taos I will be booking at Kachina Lodge.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ryan7892018
Cheryl W, Director of Sales at Kachina Lodge Resort Hotel and Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

To Ryan,

Thanks for your comments about your stay. I and my staff were elated and we will keep it going. We appreciate your business.

W. Dean Koop
General Manager & Owner

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t mind dive hotels, even appreciate their charm usually. But Kachina takes dive motel to a new and disturbing level. Our room looked like it was furnished from items scrounged from an alley.

I saw signs of bedbugs (spotting etc on the mattress) but it was late when we arrived so I hoped for the best.

Big mistake.

We woke in the morning covered in bites and there were bedbugs crawling up the wall above the bed. I put one into an envelope, squished it (full of my blood) and took it to the desk only to be informed casually that bedbugs had been an intractable problem this year for them. No refund. Just a sympathetic apology.

Not good enough.

Now I’m back at home dealing with a potential infestation in my house. I am not a happy camper.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank JeffW2018420
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Sheri was very friendly and helpful both times our son has rented a room at the Kachina Lodge. The wooded setting is peaceful and the rooms are very nice with added amenities. Mr. Koop and the staff working on the grounds and in the office/lobby area are super friendly and attentive to their guests. The housekeeping team is totally on top it! We are grateful to have the Kachina Lodge in our quaint town of Taos and in close proximity to our own home as we often have extended family visiting.

2  Thank 127holly
Dean K, Owner at Kachina Lodge Resort Hotel and Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

To Holly,

Thanks for your report about your stay. We appreciate your patronage. Have a nice day!

W.Dean Koop
GM& Owner

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

What made our experience great at the kachina was the hotel staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful, especially the front desk clerk Sheri. Very knowledgable and considerate. I would stay here again.

2  Thank ajdamon

It's a nice feeling to know that during your stay you were happy about our service. Thanks agian and have a nice day.

W.Dean Koop