Stayed 4 nights in early Oct 2017 - weather fabulous, Cowboy Room on second floor excellent, hot breakfasts made to order in a lovely dining room which allowed for friendly chats with your fellow guests, who were all top quality people. Inkeepers Shelly & Patrick (who live in the home on the property) were pros and made the stay just great. Patrick, an accomplished musician, favored guests with an hour-and-half concert one evening with his outstanding guitar and voice. The view out the back was beautiful, mountains and fall colors. Large lawn was there to invite you to bring you favorite beverages out for late afternoon relaxation. While there in early Oct, visited the Red River Octoberfest for a great local event - it's on the Enchanted Circle drive, which is just north of Taos and a beautiful loop road of about 60 miles. Also great to do is reserve some seats on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Tourist Railroad - just an hour north in Antonito, CO, just across the border. What a relaxing, quality stay this was at the HdS. Probably not a place for kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Hacienda del Sol in the artist community of Taos, New Mexico is a special retreat, close to all of the natural and cultural wonders of the area. With 12 unique guest rooms, all with en suite bathrooms, the Inn offers the best view of Taos Mountain from the lovely grounds. Rooms are decorated with luxury Southwest bedspreads, Comphy sheets, and local art. Hacienda del Sol offers a full, hot, made to order breakfast each morning, an outdoor hot tub, and evening entertainment on summer weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hacienda del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Sol Hotel Taos
- Hacienda Del Sol Taos, New Mexico