“Should be on foody TV show”

The Burger Stand at Taos Ale House
Ranked #11 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Description: A brewpub with a diverse selection of small batch handcrafted beer and eclectic and delicious burgers.
Reviewed 9 November 2016

We ate a late lunch, sat down at the bar and the experience was awesome. Great bartender, helpful, attentive but not intrusive. I had the fish and chips-let me wander a slight bit-there are foods out there that I have a gold memory standard that I try and match or even better, improve. Rarely happens but the hunt is fun. Well, this place nailed it. The fish and chips were hot, non greasy, crisp(really really difficult to do)tasty. Large side of steaming cajun fires. My wife had one of the burgers-right off the grill, just the right amount of grease. A side of onion rings topped things off-again hot, crisp not greasy. A great experience. Will return.
A small suggestion-there is a wide selection of different fries - regular, Cajun, duck fat, truffle-a sampler tray would truly be out of the world.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

There are times when my husband and I just want a really good beer and burger here in Taos. While our little town offers up many super options, we keep going back to the Burger Stand. The vibe is mellow, prices good, service is friendly, food is fresh and scrumptious! When the weather permits the patio is dog-friendly which we love because our furry friend accompanies us quite often on our adventures. Big screen TVs installed around the interior lend a sports bar atmosphere without intruding. Once your food is served, you can add all kinds of your own sides from a little serve-yourself bar that has housemade pickles and other delights.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

We stopped here to feed and watch a Sunday NFL game. It's a casual place where you order at the bar and have it served to your table. The food was excellent and the beer very tasty. I had the fish and chips with the fish having a crunchy, Panko-crusted the menu says, coating. Flavorful. M'lady had the Classic Burger I believe. We both had truffle fries. There are a variety of dipping sauces available. We enjoyed it all. I recommend this place.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

This was our first visit here but it won't be our last. The burgers are huge (one fed two of us) and they have great flavor. The Burger Stand was close to where we were staying and I am really glad we visited. A Broncos game was on and it was quite busy and a fun atmosphere. I would definitely recommend dining here.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Although they load chocolate shake with a good 3 ounces of chocolate syrup, ruining perfectly good chocolate ice cream, their burgers are better than most in Taos. Beware ordering a Kobe Burger. I don't think it's real Kobe Beef and they will overcharge you by 2 or 3 dollars if you change the toppings. In my experience the bleach never gets fully washed off the glasses, so I make sure to get bottled beer. Drew is the best bartender of the crew and he really cares. They stay open till 11 and serve food till late.