“Excellent Dining!”

Ranked #8 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: An Eclectic Taste Of Mexico. Chef Antonio covers all the bases, deliciously. Everything on the menu is prepared fresh and made to order and the majority of the menu can be prepared gluten free. Because of the flavorful, full-bodied sauces, you will be pleasantly full at the end of your meal accompanied with a fun Margarita like a Jalapeno, Watermelon Margarita. Nothing else like Antonio's Restaurant in beautiful Taos, New Mexico.
Reviewed 30 August 2017

This was a delightful treat--we were able to sit out on the patio, where a nice breeze and ambient atmosphere was most relaxing. Sarah, Antonio's gracious wife described the specials offered in addition to answering any questions we had about the menu. She was most helpful, lovely in her demeanor, & we soon selected what we wanted for lunch. We each had a glass of their Sauvignon Blanc, & chose the crab cakes which had a very flavorful, fresh, spicy light tomato sauce with abundant fresh herbs--utterly delightful. Two of us shared this appetizer, each having a crab cake of our own. For my entree, I chose the chicken enchiladas with mango, which had a pungent rich sauce & plenty of flavorful shredded chicken. My friend had the special cheese enchiladas, & loved them. Although we could barely finish the generous portions, I was determined to try the Tres Leches Cake for dessert...purely divine in its creaminess, rich yet light flavor, garnished with sliced fresh strawberries, fresh whipped cream, & delightful dollops of raspberry coulis.
All in all--everything surpassed our expectations, & we're thrilled to add Antonio's to our list of top favorite places to eat in Taos! Antonio kindly came to our table to make certain we had everything we needed & that we were satisfied. Great husband & wife team!

Sarahml_12, Owner at Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Mary,
It is delightful for me to hear of your experience at our restaurant. Thank you for enjoying everything. Antonio really cares about his guests and it's such a pleasure for him to meet new people, to see his friends and make new friends and more importantly that everyone has a pleasant experience and enjoying his freshly prepared cuisine.
Thank You! Once again for your visit. We appreciate you very much.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We came to Antonio's based on other reviews. I had not been here for a number of years, when they were at their old location. I am happy to see they are back in Taos albeit at a new location. The ambience of the restaurant is very pleasant, albeit it is on a busy street, Paseo del Pueblo Sur.. There are two outdoor sitting areas in shade, with the one furthest away from the building being particularly pleasant and charming. We were also not disappointed by the food at all. We started out with a crab cake appetizer to share and it was excellent. My friend had the chicken enchiladas with the mango sauce, which was delicious. I had a couple of bites. I ordered the more traditional cheese enchiladas with a black bean sauce and they were also very good. I would probably opt to get something a little outside the box the next time though. My friend ordered the Tres Leches cake for dessert and it was also outstanding. Adding to the food was the very nice presentation, as well as the delightful server, Sarah, who is Antonio's wife. We will definitely be back.

Bonnie,
It was lovely to have you and your friend over to enjoy fresh and unique gourmet mexican food. It pleases me to hear of your pleasant experience. Had a great time talking with you and your friend. Please know that I truly appreciate your visit. Can't wait to have you over again. You both truly made my day. It was nice that you really cared about our past endeavors in Colorado and other locations in Taos. Thank you!
Sarah and Staff

Reviewed 29 August 2017

This was a wonderful restaurant in Taos. Small family run with great attention to detail in both food preparation and service. Not your typical taco/burrito Mexican food...this is gourmet Mexican in our opinion. For example, as a lover of chile rellenos, I try them everywhere I go. But I have never had one as different and as tasty as their Chile Relleno en Nogada....it's really something special and you will only find it here as Antonio seems to specialize in creating unique dishes.

We also like the "create your own guacamole" concept. The waiter brings a service cart to your table filled with side items and spices and he makes it just for you based on what you want incorporated into the fresh cut avocado he starts with.

Travelers022,
Thank you for visiting Antonio's. We are so pleased that you enjoyed Our Signature Dish Chiles Rellenos En Nogada. It is truly a special dish. We get travelers all the time coming back for this dish from colorado to Texas. Others restaurants have tried mirroring but there's no equal. Antonio's secret ingredients make it special and unique.
We appreciate you very much. Until next time.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This is a small, quaint restaurant with impeccable service. We had the hatch chili rellanos stuffed with jack cheese. The salsa was very interesting, and had a "bite" to it. Very tasty!

Sarahml_12, Owner at Antonio's TheTaste of Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Rocketman174,
So pleased to hear of your pleasant experience and our impeccable service.
Our Salas has a variety of peppers and spices and definitely has a bite, yet bursting with flavors.
We appreciate your visit and please come again.
Sincerely

Reviewed 24 August 2017

On our way to Taos we became so hungry that we just pulled in to the first restaurant we happened upon. We weren't sure what to expect. We were so surprised with the outcome. I started with the chicken tortilla soup and ended up sharing with my husband because it was a huge portion. He doesn't normally eat soup and we both enjoyed it. He ate the sirloin tacos and thought they were especially delicious and I had the most wonderful poblano pepper stuffed with ground beef, apples, pears, walnuts, tomato, onion, raisins, and smothered in a brandy cream sauce. I was so pleased because it was SO different. I met the owner/chef and told him we were so glad we had made the stop and thanked him for his delicious meal. I would recommend you make this stop before going into Taos for your sightseeing.

Dawn,
We are so happy you happened upon our restaurant and that you very pleased with outcome. Chef Antonio loves to come out to visit with guest and to make sure that everything is to perfection. We thank you for recommending us. We appreciate your business. Please Come Back.