“So much more than a steakhouse”
Review of Martyrs Steakhouse

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Martyrs Lane
Description: Fine Dining Taos Style! We offer a wonderful selection of organic meats, locally grown salads, custom made desserts, and much more! Patio seating available. Large parties. Private party building. Catering. Dog Friendly Patio
Reviewed 6 November 2018

I was so pleasantly surprised by my visit to Martyrs. I don't eat red meat and there were many other choices for me. I had a fantastic fish 'n chips. Great service in a charming setting. Right in the middle of Taos!! Can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 17 October 2018

The staff were friendly, but the quality of the food was not indicative of the price. My lamb chops were okay but my wife’s ribeye steak was a poor cut and they are suppose to be a steakhouse. Not in my top ten.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Delicious food! We were told this is a favorite restaurant by one of the Indian artists. She did not overrate this charming restaurant in an refurbished home a couple of blocks off the square in Taos. We ate at the end of Happy Hour, a very good deal and time as the restaurant was not crowded. Drinks and appetizers were yummy. A good choice...

Reviewed 10 October 2018

We stumbled across this lovely place yesterday morning as we returned to our hotel after breakfast. A happy coincidence as our dinner reservation at another Taos establishment was cancelled due to a ‘technical difficulty’.
Fortunately, we were able to get a seating at Martyrs without a reservation even though they were reasonably busy. My husband and I both had delicious soup starters, though of differing sizes thanks to the ‘cup or bowl’ option. We both ordered the filet, which was succulent and flavoursome and paired well with the pinot noir I’d ordered. We both felt that the pricing was commensurate with the quality of food and atmosphere. We’d definitely return on any future visits to Taos.

1  Thank 758donaldp
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I hoped to enjoy a nice lunch on Indigenous American day but... We made reservations but the reception area was crowded and poorly staffed. We were seated without checking their list. Our table was ideal except that it was directly in the wind when the front door was ajar. The table next to ours was also affected and one of them got up frequently to close the door. Several couples waited at the reception for attention and one seated themselves. The wait staff was courteous but hampered by other issues to include the kitchen. We waited about 45 minutes for our food. Upon leaving, I made every effort to close the front door but the latch was broken. Beautiful place inside, free parking on premises, and adequate food but I was forced to rate a 1 because of many other things.

1  Thank Pete D