“They're right about the famous Fish and Chips.”
Review of Alley Cantina

Alley Cantina
Ranked #24 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Stopped in to enjoy "jazz night" and try the Fish and Chips. Was not disappointed on either count. Busy, casual, service a bit lackadaisical but OK. Would return.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a late lunch, received good service from a pleasant server. Our meals were large, tasty and filling and the prices were reasonable. We were happy with our visit to this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Surprisingly, quality of food and service was very good for being in a very touristy location. Prices were not bad either.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Didn't eat this time, but just needed a cool beverage which they provided with friendly service. There is smoking on the patio which I didn't realize, but other than that our experience was fine.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

My husband and I went to Taos for the day and decided to have lunch at the Alley Cantina. The restaurant is just off the plaza, but very convenient to the parking on the north side of the plaza. It was a beautiful sunny day, so we sat in the outdoor dining area. The outdoor dining area was between to buildings with about 6-8 large tables that either had it's own umbrella or was under some other shade.

I had the Alley Club, my husband had chicken tacos and we split an order of the onion rings. The onion rings were very good. The onion rings are beer battered rather than breaded and came with a dipping sauce. My club was large with a lot of French fries, but very good. The sandwich comes with chipotle mayo, which was mild to taste. My husband's tacos came with refried beans and rice and were very good.

We'd go back.