“Sooo good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Great food in a cozy intimate setting. I really like the flavor profiles and balance used in every dish I tried.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We live in Taos and have tried most of the restaurants, but somehow we missed this little jewel. It’s a small cozy restaurant with fresh gourmet food in an inviting atmosphere. I’m so glad we found it. The steak and mussels were fabulous. The braised southern greens were tasty.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner at Byzantium on July 28 in Taos. I had the halibut and my husband had the shrimp/artichoke pot pie. Both dishes were excellent. In fact, my dinner was as good or not better than Geronimo’s in Santa Fe. Don’t miss an opportunity to have a wonderful dinner in Old Taos where the owner is the chef and has owned the restaurant since 1994. You won’t be disappointed.

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Great food, great service, great atmosphere. We started off with the field greens salad and bread and both had the halibut with steamed rice in a lemongrass coconut broth. Lovely serving dishes, great relaxing jazz playing. We celebrated our 39th anniversary and it was perfect.

1  Thank Lois P
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Byzantium is a unique restaurant with entrees that are presented in an artistic way and cooked to perfection. Each of my friends ordered something different. I got the shrimp and artichoke pot pie with a sculptural puff pastry top. The chicken dish was stacked with veggies of varying color and were cooked al dente. The veggie curry was topped with a spiced beet- scrumptious. If Taos wasn’t enough of a draw to New Mexico, the restaurant selections should be.

1  Thank Cynthia S