“Very nice home”
other travellers have booked this property
Master Bedroom Composite View into Entry and Living Area
Master Bath Shower
Nicho over fireplace
Dining Area
Backyard, hot tub and peek of Taos Mountain
Backyard walkway to hot tub, outdoor shower and deck
Deck, outdoor fireplace and ancient apple tree
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Brinxmom
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Very nice home”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 for a stay in May 2013

The home was very nice even though the yard needed attention. If you are staying here the gate can be hard to open & close if you aren't a very big person. The water in the master bath shower wasn't working but a call to Melissa and it was fixed really fast, this was over a holiday weekend too!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Seeing the owl everyday in the tree
Liked least: Weeds in the walkway
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
29 Jan 2014
Thank you! I am sorry the yard needed work. You were there in May which is always the turnover month in terms of weather. Things get warm and then freeze again so honestly we usually wait until June so we know there will not be another freeze.

I am trying to come up with a solution to the gate being sluggish. I think come spring I will have to carve a space out of the dirt and put in some kind of bricks.

The water in the bathroom turned out to be an accumulation of minerals in the shower head. And yes is was miraculous to be able to have it tended to on a holiday weekend.
TX
Reviewed 11 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Washington
Reviewed 7 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
ScottStPe...
st pete, florida
“Superb Stay”
Reviewed 15 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Casa Betita is a superb choice for your stay in Taos. The home is not only spacious, beautifully appointed, but is also extremely comfortable. Here are some highlights and notes:

-Many rentals are poorly equipped with the essentials (spices, coffee, cookware, etc) -- The great thing about Casa Betita is that all of the basics are provided so that you can just shop for your primary items and the rest is provided;
-Bedding is really important to me -- I work for a global Luxury Hotel company -- and I slept perfectly on the excellent mattress, great linens, and plush pillows;
-Taos can get chilly at night -- especially given that I visited in February! -- There was a great supply of firewood and 2 wood burning fireplaces that made the stay warm, cozy, and romantic (not to mention radiant floor heating that kept everything at a perfect temp);
-Privacy is really important to me -- I like to have lots of light -- with all curtains/shades open -- and yet feel that there is complete privacy -- this property delivered on that flawlessly;
-Do however be careful on directions -- the owner provided them and they are absolutely required -- GPS will lead you astray to get to the property;
-The home is filled with great art, neat nooks to relax and read a book, and a really high end spa tub with multiple jet settings -- so there are many places to relax and enjoy your vacation;
-Location is not walking distance to the Plaza -- but a very short drive -- and there are good restaurants and other attractions very close by;
-Baths are also important to me -- they were spacious, had great walk-in showers, and the master bath had a huge deep-soaking tub -- very nice.

My overall experience was excellent -- the owner was really nice about setting things up -- and I highly recommend Casa Betita for your visit to Taos.

Liked best: Privacy and Quality
Liked least: Water Pressure
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
9 Nov 2015
Just a note: Since this guest stayed I have created a walking map to the Plaza for guests. It is in fact walk-able just better if you know the back route. I walk to the Farmers Market all the time during the season. A pleasant 15 mins. Other than that everything he says in this review is 100% True! :)
Ramona M
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Love, Love, Love Casa Betita”
Reviewed 2 January 2013 for a stay in August 2012

We have stayed at Casa Betita twice now, and plan on going back at least once a year! The photos don't do it justice, it's much more beautiful and secluded than what shows.

One of the things that is most important to me is privacy. Lots of times I've been disappointed when I get to a location and find the pictures were deceiving. Casa Betita is totally private, fully stocked and very Clean.

There are apply trees out back and we even picked some apples and made a homemade apple pie on our last visit.

I love the organic hand soaps and sprays they provide. So much so, that when I got home, I ordered some for my own home. Casa Betita is decorated like a real home, not some cheap old used furniture, but lovely things you would find in your own home.

I don't think its really close enough to walk to town unless there is a short cut, but close enough for a very short drive.

My only suggestion is I wish they would take out the trundle bed in the second bedroom and put in a double bed. We have fallen through trying to sleep two adults in it. Its great for children however.

The two fireplaces are fantastic, and the one in the master bedroom is so romantic. Also the Hot Tub is very clean, and very relaxing. I absolutely love this place and highly recommend it!.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Privacy, fireplaces and hot tub
Liked least: Trundle Bed
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
2 Jan 2013
Re: The trundle bed; I realized after this review that the way to make the bed super comfortable was not obvious to my guests. Now there are directions pointing you to the thing I purchased which ties the beds together (and official thing from Brookstone or one of those places) and the feather bed which goes on top of that.

When I had one bed, people wanted twins, so this is the compromise and if you know what to do it is comfy and works really well. I've slept on it myself. Also this layout leaves more room in the room when only one couple or 3 people are staying. It just is more flexible for different configurations of guests.I promise you will like it better when you return Ramona!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing