The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$234
US$269
  • Pool
Hotel La Fonda de Taos(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$162
US$168
Hampton.com
El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$213
Dreamcatcher Bed & Breakfast(Taos)(Great Value!)
US$199
Hotels.com
US$420
US$369
US$353
US$178
US$170
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2017

A friend had stayed there a few years ago and recommended the hotel to us. But, sadly the property has REALLY gone down hill. Needs a lot of attention and TLC. Here is what we saw while there (no particular order) ...
1) Outdated 19" CTR TV
2) We had three burned out incandescent light bulbs. Had to make a couple of calls to the front desk as we found them to get new light bulbs
3) Shower hot/cold water valves were reversed. We ran gallons of water waiting for the water to get hot.. then I said, humm what if, and sure enough, we turned to cold and the water got warm.. NOT HOT. Used to own a hospitality business and, by code, had to have our water coming out at 120 degrees. This water was much closer to 100 degrees.
4) The bath tub fixtures need to be updated.
5) The venetian blinds were broken. Made it possible for guests walking by to look in if they wanted to.
6) No room service. No one cleaned our room for the 5 days we were there.
7) Coffee maker was broken, they brought us one that worked.
8) WiFi was ~1mb in the back of the property and ~3mb in the front of the property.
9) Had to call for more toilet paper.
10) Serious, shock absorber breaking, potholes in several places in the asphalt driveway.
11) As advertised.. no breakfast in the morning.
12) Front entrance is all weeds and a banged up sign
13) Their main "Sun God" sign was sun faded and barely operable.
14) Toilet was stopped up when we arrived and had to plunge the toilet to get it working.
15) They have their bed mattresses on home made wooden frames that stuck out far enough for someone to hurt themselves on.

Room Tip: 1 one story unit and 3 two story units. Not sure which is better.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The type of room we had a confirmed reservatation for was not available when we arrived. I had tried to re-confirm details ahead of arrival on many occasions. There was not response to emails. Calling by telephone resulted in a message saying the voice mailbox was full and no messages would be recorded. I tried many, many times to contact but never did have an opportunity to speak to a person. On arrival there was no desk clerk in sight anywhere. We wasted some time and went back later. We were told that the type of room I had booked was not available. The facility was rundown and the lobby was dirty. I asked to see the room before I committed to our stay. The room was also rundown. It appeared clean, but I didn't look at the bedding too closely. I did see that the sheets that were being removed from vacated rooms were lying in a heap in the dirt of the parking lot. When I went back to the desk and said "Thanks, but no thanks," I was advised that I would be charged a late cancellation fee. I said, "I didn't cancel, you didn't provide the room you confirmed you would have available." I'll be watching my credit card bill very closely. Fortunately, we got a nicer room at a better rate down the street.

Room Tip: Quality Inn down the street is much nicer, better rates.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Laurie S
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This property is not being taken care of. I had to ask for soap, light bulbs, toilet paper, a TV remote control that worked. No coffee is provided although there is a coffee pot in the room. There is no air conditioner. The room itself was clean but the bed mattress was old and I could feel the springs. And lastly, there was no hot water to shower.

The staff tried to be helpful but have no control over the owner not spending to take care of the place or buy simple items like coffee, soap, light bulbs, etc.

Room Tip: Don't stay here is the best tip I can give.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

To be nice, the front desk staff was great! We called in 3 hours before arriving on Labor Day weekend due to everywhere else being booked up- I mean everywhere from Durango to Taos!
Anyway, the clerk said she'd waive the pet fee because we were coming in late. But I didn't expect that meant the room wouldn't be clean upon arrival.
Eww is all I have to say. It smells, is hot, not vacuumed, there was pee on the bathroom floor, wet tissue in the shower- which is brown and gross, even the pillow cases were dirty and I'm not sure what is on the privacy wall- blood or snot? Oh and no remote for the tv.
I don't feel safe here- it's poorly lit and smells of pot- or a skunk. Glad I had my very protective dog with me who growled at a guy just watching us.
After a long day driving, all I wanted was a shower and a bed, I skipped the shower and used my sleeping bag.
Typically the price point of a hotel can tell of the condition, and this was in our "it's ok if it's that much" range. But nope!! Shoulda read the other reviews and kept driving and for $20 more stayed at a decent hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Seaside729747
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Where to begin nice place front desk person i think kerrie was her name.but i booked a suite with ac didnt work got smaller room it wasnt ready housekeeper was walking in 2 speeds slow and slower as i waited for my room the manager came back with sheets and towels went in nade up my room cleaned it before i ever saw the maid.niw what hktel has a manager doing housekeepers job kudos to her.after manager left housekeeper hung out cleanibg until all hours and also noticed her rakibg cash from certain rooms with different men and cars cimibg and going all night even into the next day didnt get sleep from doors slamming people fighting.gentlmen sitting in cars while peopke approached exchanging god knows what as i see it its bad owners not management i seen the fustrarion on the nanagers face and eyes i would not and will nit suggest this place to anybody i almost called the police but out of respect for kerri the front desk and manger i didnt if i owned this place i wouk put mibey ibto it rather than making money if they read my review from me to you two help you manager show more interest inthe hotel if you care as much as kerri does stop in mire snd soend money see what your place has become housekeeping .. Well i would nit keep her and hire somebody who will care and nit doibg whatever she is doing with geraelf and all these men walking with no shirts on worst experience ever i feared fir my life never again......

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo