See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This property is not being taken care of. I had to ask for soap, light bulbs, toilet paper, a TV remote control that worked. No coffee is provided although there is a coffee pot in the room. There is no air conditioner. The room itself was clean but the bed mattress was old and I could feel the springs. And lastly, there was no hot water to shower.

The staff tried to be helpful but have no control over the owner not spending to take care of the place or buy simple items like coffee, soap, light bulbs, etc.

Room Tip: Don't stay here is the best tip I can give.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

To be nice, the front desk staff was great! We called in 3 hours before arriving on Labor Day weekend due to everywhere else being booked up- I mean everywhere from Durango to Taos!
Anyway, the clerk said she'd waive the pet fee because we were coming in late. But I didn't expect that meant the room wouldn't be clean upon arrival.
Eww is all I have to say. It smells, is hot, not vacuumed, there was pee on the bathroom floor, wet tissue in the shower- which is brown and gross, even the pillow cases were dirty and I'm not sure what is on the privacy wall- blood or snot? Oh and no remote for the tv.
I don't feel safe here- it's poorly lit and smells of pot- or a skunk. Glad I had my very protective dog with me who growled at a guy just watching us.
After a long day driving, all I wanted was a shower and a bed, I skipped the shower and used my sleeping bag.
Typically the price point of a hotel can tell of the condition, and this was in our "it's ok if it's that much" range. But nope!! Shoulda read the other reviews and kept driving and for $20 more stayed at a decent hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Seaside729747
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Where to begin nice place front desk person i think kerrie was her name.but i booked a suite with ac didnt work got smaller room it wasnt ready housekeeper was walking in 2 speeds slow and slower as i waited for my room the manager came back with sheets and towels went in nade up my room cleaned it before i ever saw the maid.niw what hktel has a manager doing housekeepers job kudos to her.after manager left housekeeper hung out cleanibg until all hours and also noticed her rakibg cash from certain rooms with different men and cars cimibg and going all night even into the next day didnt get sleep from doors slamming people fighting.gentlmen sitting in cars while peopke approached exchanging god knows what as i see it its bad owners not management i seen the fustrarion on the nanagers face and eyes i would not and will nit suggest this place to anybody i almost called the police but out of respect for kerri the front desk and manger i didnt if i owned this place i wouk put mibey ibto it rather than making money if they read my review from me to you two help you manager show more interest inthe hotel if you care as much as kerri does stop in mire snd soend money see what your place has become housekeeping .. Well i would nit keep her and hire somebody who will care and nit doibg whatever she is doing with geraelf and all these men walking with no shirts on worst experience ever i feared fir my life never again......

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Most awful stay anywhere ever! Why is this place still open? Disgusting everything about it! The rooms, the staff, the other guest. There were cats burning in and out of the lot all night. The rooms were completely torn down and trashed. The was trash everywhere. The 2 rooms below us screamed, fought and slammed doors all night until one of them finally called the police at 7:00 in morning. Management never once stepped in to tell them to stop or leave. When I expressed how upset and disgusting I was the front desk lady just says "oh really" I urge people to never pay for a room here. Do not contribute to this trashy place. I have no doubt you will regret your stay.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We booked this hotel 3 months in advance. We arrived at 5:30 pm and our room wasn't ready. The hotel washing machine was down and housekeeping was behind. A woman in front of me was getting a refund because her room wasn't ready. Thank you Sun God, we traveled over 100 miles and couldn't find any other room in Taos, so we had to drive 50 miles back to Santa Fe! The property and equipment really needs an overhaul.

Room Tip: Be careful you may not have a room when you get there.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family