1,554 results
All reviews adobe bar live music doc martins helen's house nightly entertainment main building courtyard room great music new mexico within walking distance chile relleno middle of town central location kit carson historic taos lobby area kiva fireplace
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I was last here 16 years ago with my husband. It was so nice and cozy back then. Left a great impression on me. That’s why I booked a room here again with my family. This time, the room smelled like it had been sprayed with a whole can of Lysol. Or maybe it was sprayed with insect spray because big horseflies keep finding their way into the room through the not-very-sealed window. Killed three so far. It’s open Mic night so the music and commotion from the lobby is quite loud in the room we are in which is next to the lobby. The WiFi is a struggle. Don’t bother with it, you’ll only get frustrated. The upside is the beds are very comfortable, the room and bathroom is very clean, the “historic” feel is definitely in the room, nice decor etc. I would stay here again because it’s at a great location, you can walk to the main points of Taos. The rooms are fun to stay in (except for us, the Lysol/insecticide smell and the big horseflies in our room). The receptionist and everyone who works here is very nice and very accommodating.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Gail O
Grace L, Public Relations Manager at The Historic Taos Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Experiences like yours are helpful in our ongoing effort to improve. I can say that the courtyard rooms are quieter, as they're farther from our live entertainment. As a historic property every room is completely unique. We are always happy to move guests who's rooms do not meet their expectations. We only ask you contact the front desk. We hope to see you again some time. Best wishes and happy travels!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Nice location for walking around the little town and plaza. Kind of cute, rooms just ok. Paid upgrade for courtyard but probably not worth it. Tiny, tiny bathroom. It was ok for one night, would not want to stay longer. Think it advertised pool and hot tub but there is neither, the hotel gives you a pass to a local pool about 5 minutes away. Not worth the trip, rather sad facility. Do not know about restaurant as did not try. Like I said, a one night place. Would not recommend to a friend traveling to Taos. Would list as budget without budget pricing.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feed back. We regret to hear you were not satisfied with the value of our inn. We offer a variety of room types at all price points. We would be happy to show you other options if you find yourself in Taos again. Best wishes and happy travels.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Our room was quaint and very comfortable, it overlooked a garden courtyard and the seating was comfortable. We had a problem with the headboard and the staff fixed it within minutes. Everyone was friendly, someone walks you to your room. The lobby has live music in the evenings, and the food and bar was excellent. There was a short walk to a breakfast cafe. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again soon. Until then, best wishes and happy travels!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I love to stay in funky old places--stayed at the Mabel Dodge many times. I had a king room upstairs--I did enjoy the kiva fireplace and banco, and the huge windows. Great architectural details. Overall though, I thought the room looked a little...depressed. Nondescript brown carpet on floor, could have used a few small colorful rugs. Uninspired wall art. Maybe paint the paneled ceiling white to open it up a bit. I just think a little more attention to decor would help a lot.

One thing that would help enormously is a ceiling fan as the swamp cooler was so noisy it was useless! I was wishing I had stayed in one of the courtyard rooms as they had nice places to sit outside in the evening.

On the plus side: the music downstairs was awesome and I highly recommend eating outside or in the bar as I did. lots of fun!

I would certainly stay there again, but next time get a courtyard room.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank jennywren03

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback in our continuing efforts to improve guest experience. We would love to show you our courtyard on your next visit and hop that will be a better fit. Best wishes and happy travels.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The Historic Taos Inn. Good location for restaurants and shopping. The room was clean. The staff was very friendly. The downsides if you’re not prepared, a live band plays till 10 o’clock under the rooms. But the front desk made us aware. The rooms have the antique feel. But no air conditioning except a loud swamp cooler.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple