“Surprised at quality”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Description: "Best Burger in New Mexico" - USA Today. 5 Star serves hormone and antibiotic free Angus beef from Creekstone Farms, fresh ground daily and char grilled to desired temperature. We also offer specialty salads and sandwiches complimented by a great selection of beer and wine. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available. Happy Hour food and drink specials 4-6 pm daily. Locally sourced produce and environmentally friendly packaging. Children's Menu.
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Wanting a nice burger, this place did not disappoint, all the burgers are free from any preservatives, and come from beef that are only fed on organic food. I did not think you could taste the difference but you can, the bun was lightly toasted and the burger was melt in the mouth, you can have extras such as cheese, bacon and mushrooms.

It was one of the best burgers I have ever had and trust me I am very hard to please, it's a shame there are not more of them around.The service was quick and polite, it was quite busy but we did not have to wait long, the fries were delicious as well.

Five S, Manager at 5 Star Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

We're happy to hear that you could taste the difference! Thanks so much for the nice review.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

The 5 Star Burger was delicious! And huge! You might consider sharing. Loved the chili mayo. Service was just fine. Ample drink refills.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Every Burger at Five Star is delicious and cooked exactly as ordered. The Lamb is terrific! Good Beer & Wine selection as well! Moderately priced.

Five S, Manager at 5 Star Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Glad you enjoyed your lamb burger. Thanks for your business!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I came in mid afternoon on Sunday September 3rd. Ordered a salad, waited 25 minutes as others who had come in after me were served, mentioned it to the waitress who said my salad was coming. After another visit with the waitress and another 20 minutes I put a couple bucks under the Ice Tea ( that the hostess had promptly served). Waitress didn't seem the least bit concerned.

1  Thank Roble1
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Where do I begin? There were so many bad things about our visit to 5Star I'll just hit the highlights. Asked to be seated over in a corner, was told they had a party of ten coming in so couldn't sit there as they would be pulling tables together. Told to sit by door to patio. Door to patio wouldn't latch properly and the wind was crazy and blew the door open every few minutes. Very next couple that came in was seated in the corner we had requested. Waitress took our order after 10 minutes and we waited, and waited, and waited. 40 minutes went by before the waitress came back over to say, "your food should be out soon." Another 5 minutes went by and she asked my husband if he wanted some fries or something since this was her fault. No explanation, just it was her fault. I figured she had forgot to put the order in. TWO party's of ten had come in since we did so I'm sure our order was now behind them. Finally a waiter shows up with two Asian salads. My husband had ordered one, I had ordered a burger. Told waiter that was not what I ordered. Waitress comes over and says in an accusatory tone "I didn't hear you say that." I almost started second guessing what I had ordered when my husband piped up and said "YOU ASKED HER HOW SHE WANTED IT COOKED." She then said "Oh yeah, well done." "Nope, I asked for a medium cooked burger, can't stand well done." They bring some fried out so I at least have something to eat while my husband had his dinner. Fries were soggy and had no seasoning at all. They didn't offer dipping sauces or anything, couple next to us was brought several things for their fries. After another 15 minutes, husband was done with his food, I finally received my burger, cooked so long the outside was like charcoal. No seasoning, no flavor, no juice. Waitress never came back by to ask how it was. She had told us she would comp the meal once she finally admitted to us it was her fault. I choked down about half of it since we had been traveling all day and I was pretty hungry, but my husband finished the rest. He was not impressed with it either. Sad thing was, we had two burger restaurants in mind, the reviews on the other place said good food but bad service so I picked 5star where I experienced bad food AND bad service. Future trips to Taos and Sante Fe we now know to avoid 5star and not recommend it to anyone else.

1  Thank OkieDokieArtist
Five S, Manager at 5 Star Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

This is really bad. Sounds like we failed you in about every way possible. Our apologies and thanks for letting us know. This will be addressed with our staff immediately.