“Fresh”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: French, Spanish, Fusion
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: A favorite among locals and tourists alike, Gutiz serves creative Latin-French cuisine at affordable prices.
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had a delicious meal at Gutiz. I ordered the Linguini with Shrimp and Scallops in a light red sauce off the Tapas menu. It was very good and the serving was appropriate for 1 person. My friend ordered the caprice salad with Salmon, she reported that it was very tasty. The service was ok but the ambiance was very pleasant. Enjoy!

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We walked into Gutiz on a rainy day to order hot chocolates (one regular, three Mexican hot chocolates and a Chai) to go. They were terrible! The Chai was diluted spice in water, my regular hot chocolate tasted like I could have bought instant package chocolate and mixed with water and the Mexican hot chocolates had some richness but nothing one would expect from a Mexican hot chocolate drink. So disappointed. I will not return. Please get a simple hot drink correct, this is basic!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is just on a curve in the road. Do backtrack if you miss the sign. Breakfast/lunch is served till 3 pm, so you have plenty of choice and time. The patio is lovely with red umbrellas and roses. We had excellent egg dishes along with good European coffee. Just wish they weren’t out of several of their bakery items. Lots of regulars known by name. You know that is good.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

I have been staying at an Air BNB on the north end of town, and thought I would try a new place for breakfast. Gutiz was just around the corner in an unassuming spot near the carwash and across the street from the Lotaburger. I was dining alone, and was seated in a nice spot where I could combine people watching with enjoying my meal, reading a book. The atmosphere is sweet and cafe-like, and I wish I discovered it earlier in my trip for an afternoon glass of wine at the bar! I ordered one of the amazing teas from the tea.o.graphy tea list that had a heartiness to it with flavors of rose and spice. It was such a great start to the day and complimented my meal nicely. I ordered the Scrambled Egg Tower, with the Gutiz potatoes and side salad. I couldn't pass up homemade French bread with homemade orange marmalade for just $1 so added that to my order. The waitstaff were friendly and en pointe, and gave me little tips (how long to let the tea steep, what kind of hot sauces they had to compliment the meal, and that the toasted bread would come out right after my meal for its warmth) to best enjoy my meal. Enjoy it I did! The eggs had a generous portion of veggies-mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes, and everything was fresh and made to order. The potatoes were probably some of the best I have had, and weren't overly fried or oily. I loved the side salad as it gave the meal a little bright zest and am so glad I ordered the bread! Thick slices with butter and marmalade which complimented the whole meal, and tea, nicely. I would highly recommend Gutiz to anyone visiting Taos-it is the worth the walk or short drive from the busyness of the plaza and you will find a lovely experience!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

A wonderful experience with outstanding service by Joe. She was pleasant and charming. Her suggestions were great. Clams with a delicious broth and their special potato’s. Bread to scoop all the broth. Four cheese bread delicious I also also had the Niçoise salad with tuna and some great Chardonnay. No room for desert. Capuchino to finish. Don’t miss Gutiz for lunch.