Well I must admit that I was very reticent about having to zip up each time we entered the tent. However, my travel agent convinced me that this experience would complement my next three nights in a regular suite elsewhere, in so many ways. Was my travel agent right!
Tanda Tula was a great experience. First off, the tent was perfect. Bed, lighting, bathroom, shower all great. The online pictures accurately depict the room and the room was equipped with insect repellant, eye glass cleaners, fabric totes, canteens, lip balm and a host of other well thought out amenities. The outdoor shower had very strong water pressure.
We really enjoyed the group experience for meals. All 12 couples ate meals at the same time with the exception of a range for lunch. We all sat together for dinner, along with hosting staff members, with shifting venues. We all got to know each other which made for interesting meal conversations as well as during down time during the day. Breakfast in the bush was really special. There was a great assortment of items and many staff around help serve as well. Chef Ryan’s meals were better than out our other reserve. He paid complete attention to even the smallest of food preferences. The “loo with the view” is immaculate so no worries ladies!
We always thought about how we would use up the day but we never found the time to read or watch any of our downloaded videos. We enjoyed relaxing around the pool with others and in the main lodge area. We only napped once.
Our Ranger Civilized and Tracker Glen were amazing. We learned a lot from Civ with regard to the importance of reading tracks and how to read the demeanor of the animals we were approaching. We got to see almost all animals on our list with the exception of wild dogs and leopards.
A couple of weeks before arrival I arranged to surprise my husband by renewing our wedding vows for our 40th anniversary. Viv wrote back to me immediately and even called to help me plan out this surprise. Brittany was also instrumental in co officiating this event with Thabo and staff who sang for us. What a special venue for a special event. This will forever be a fond memory.
Do not hesitate to book here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanda Tula Safari Camp in the heart of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve bordering the Kruger National Park, offers a five-star personal wilderness experience in ultimate luxury. Here, in your own private piece of Africa, you will come face to face with nature as it always was, with not a fence in sight to inhibit your freedom. Set on the banks of the Nharalumi riverbed, Tanda Tula is shaded by stately trees and overlooks a water hole that attracts a wide variety of game from dawn to dusk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels and Booking.com so you can book your Tanda Tula Safari Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanda Tula Safari Camp Hotel Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Tanda Tula Safari Camp South Africa/Timbavati Private Nature Reserve