All reviewswine tastingafrican winesthe rivergame drivesplunge poolhalf bathsauvignon blancroyal malewanesquare feetentire experienceliving roomfour seasonsonce in a lifetimeguide rossrooms are beautifulpersonalized serviceout of this world
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a trip to South Africa. We travel a great deal. We have been to Asia, Isreal, Turkey, througout Europe, Australia, and the US. We enjoy staying in 5 star luxury properties. We both agree that we have never been Wowed the way we were at Singita Boulders. I am an obsessive researcher and also like to gather opinions of friends who are also seasoned travelers and in addition get the advise of a travel agent who has expertise in the area we are traveling to.
This time we arrived at the conclusion that Singita Boulders would be our choice for Safari. We both had high expectations and all I can say is Boulders far exceeded anything we immagined. The facility is exquisite, the food outstanding, the staff incredible and the animals on Safari abundant. I have to mention Warrick our Safari guide and Ruel our tracker. They were so knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. I got the feeling they were as excited as us , each time we saw an animal. I also had the feeling they would have felt like they personally dissapointed us if we did not have success seeing as much as we hoped for. On top of this they had such a wonderful friendship and respect for one another it was contagious. Their comraderie spread and we developed a bond with the two couples we met sharing the same jeep. We saw lions, cheetahs, leopards,zebras , elephants, giraffes, wild dogs, hyennas, hippos and rhinos, warthogs, Impallas, Kudu and more. I realize we were extremely lucky to see all of this wildlife as it is nature and the animals do not always make an appearance . However it would still have been an amazing experience if we were not quite as lucky as we were. We also went out privately with Ruel and Warrick. A different but very worthwhile experience. Warrick was even knowledgeable about the beautiful birds we saw. Sometimes just stopping and listening to the sounds and taking in the scenery was almost as magical as seeing the animals. We stayed 4 nights and each and every Safari outing was a different experience . We never got bored .
Every staff member we spoke to commented on how they truly love working at Boulders and that enthusiam made all the difference. One gets the sense it is like a big family that is welcoming you to join them. They pamper you, watch out for your safety and comfort and anticipate every need. They sprinkle in many surprises but I will not ruin them by telling all.
I can go on and on , but please trust me and do not miss Boulders. It is pretty much perfection. Oh and Gift... I must also mention her. She is one incredible woman who served us all of our meals. She is gracious, warm and charming. Her name is fitting. A gift of a human being!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank romeoindiana
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Boulders Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

To our dearest Singita friends, thank you for taking the time to share your review of Singita Boulders Lodge. We really loved having you stay with the Boulders family and Warrick and Ruel were so happy to hear your kind words, as they share your sentiment of the special bond you describe. Our staff are knowledgeable and extremely passionate about the environment under our care, so we appreciate you pointing this out in your review. Gift has been an asset to the Boulders family for twenty years. She has asked us to please pass on her regards. Thank you and take care - we hope to see you again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 15 September 2017

It was my first Safari trip, first time in South Africa, and I loved it. We spend 3 nights at Singita LeBombo , 3 nights at Singita Boulders and 2 nights at Royal Malewane. Those 3 lodges are stunning, and still, different (please read my 3 review together). From my point of view, Boulders is the best of the 3 for animal viewing (we saw a 17 lions pride, a leopard cub on our balcony, and many more...) and for the wine selection (amazing cellar). I really like that Singita don't use plastic at all, and is very eco friendly. Singita is very details oriented to make sure their clients enjoy their stay. I could talk for hours about how magic were those holidays, a must try.

Stayed: August 2017

Thank you so much for your review of Singita Boulders Lodge. We absolutely loved hosting you and your family and feel honoured to have contributed to making your first trip to South Africa a magical and memorable one. At Singita, we strive to operate our lodges and camps in a sustainable and Eco friendly manner and the removal of plastic bottles is one of the ways in which we are doing so - thank you for taking note of this.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the Singita family again in future - perhaps at one of our lodges in a different region, to show you the beautiful diversity of Africa.

All the best,

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Singita Boulders is a beautiful lodge, adjacent to Singita Ebony. We stayed 2 nights at Ebony, and 1 night at Boulders. Both are outstanding, each with huge rooms with plunge pools. Service is excellent and the safari drives are unbelievable. The area is known for its many leopard sightings, including directly below our room. While there are a lot of similarities between the 2 lodges, we preferred Boulders. The decor was a bit more modern and the service was a notch above Ebony. The staff at both always go out of their way to ensure you have everything you need and will do whatever they can to accommodate any special request.

Room Tip: Room 4 was overlooking the Sabi river and close to the lodge.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our lodges at Singita Sabi Sand. We are so glad you enjoyed your time at both lodges and that our staff made your stay comfortable. We hope to welcome you back to Singita Boulders Lodge in the near future.

Keep well,

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I've always dreamed of going on a safari so we traveled to Singita Boulders for my 60th birthday. What an amazing place. The rooms are spacious and beautiful but the service makes this experience. From the management, Tiann and Jacob, our wonderful waitress Gift, Johnson and Daniella, our safari team, to Nicole, the sommelier, everyone was outstanding.
On our safari Johnson and Daniella made sure we saw the Big Five and many more. We would follow the animals and Daniella explained their habits which made the whole experience better. We were impressed with Johnson's ability to track and Daniella's driving skills and knowledge. We also explored the various birds which we encountered.
The food and wine is superb at Boulders. A nice variety of appetizers and entrees at each meal were perfectly prepared. We went to two wine tastings with Nicole which we enjoyed with a variety of whites and reds. Nicole treated me to a great Pinot Noir (she remembered it was my favorite) on our last night.
Lastly, I really enjoyed my birthday celebration with a cake and the happy birthday song and dance in the native language.
Singita Boulders is a magical place and we will definitely return!

Room Tip: River view rooms are the best as animals come to the river.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Boulders Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Singita Boulders Lodge. I am so looking forward to sharing your kind words with the above mentioned staff. We’re so glad that we could celebrate your birthday with you and that you had such a wonderful experience.
Singita, Boulders lodge definitely is a magical place and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Best wishes,
Tiaan Lategan
Lodge Manager, Singita Boulders Lodge

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

What an unbelievable experience in magical Singita Lodge. This lodge raises the bar on standards in Sth African lodges

Everything was exceptional...the lodges, food game drives and staff
Thank you Singita Boulders. A place creating life long memories. We will return

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
SingitaTraveller, General Manager at Singita Boulders Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. We take pride in offering the best possible guest experience at Singita Boulders! I'm sure the memories created during your stay will live with you for a very long time.

We hope to welcome you back to the Singita family again in the not too distant future.
Best wishes,