All reviews day bed plunge pool our honeymoon sabi sands three nights safari experience amazing experience wild dogs every aspect every meal different locations hour drive every evening huge bed lounge chairs herd of elephants high expectations
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Not that this place needs another five star review but it’s difficult to not leave one to put into words how unbelievably faultless, perfect and amazing this place is.

Rooms are simply stunning. Safari drives are exciting and truly incredible only made better by our ranger Jaben and the tracker Rodney. Food was unbelievable (we put on a few pounds) and hands down the best all inclusive we have had the pleasure of going to.

Only negative (at no fault of the lodge) was that it took us three and a half hours to get there from mpumalanga airport. Totally worth it once we arrived!

Our honeymoon here was perfect, what an absolute gem.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Candice W, Guest Relations Manager at Simbambili Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Hi there lalalala1234_15, thank-you so much for taking the time to leave this review of your stay at Simbambili Game Lodge. I'm thrilled that you had a great time, especially given this was your honeymoon! Next time you visit, land at Hoedspruit airport, it's just a short drive from there :)

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I echo but won’t repeat all the wonderful things my husband posted. Our time here was incredible. The room, the people, the food, the animals. It exceeded all our expectations. We were so lucky.
Tip. I overpacked. Only need casual clothes. And layers. Went out on afternoon drive in jeans, sneakers and a t shirt. After sunset put in long sleeve shirt, jacket, scarf and a hat. In morning the process is reversed. Start layered up, peel off. We went right to dinner from our drive so no need to change or get dressed up.
Food terrific and they accommodate my not eating meat easily. I never want to leave.

Room Tip: All amazing. King bed. Private plunge pool and veranda.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Candice W, Guest Relations Manager at Simbambili Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi there css1222, thank-you so much for leaving this review :) I'm thrilled that you also had a great time here with us - hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

A truly fantastic experience at this wonderful lodge. Halle and Erik manage this wwondeful luxury lodge. The accomodations are beutiful. Everyone on the staff is unbelievably friendly and cater to your every needs. Halle has visited with us at every meal to make sure we are having a great time. Ashley is always there and Erik came to our rescue and chased the cutest monkeys off of our back porch. It was hysterical. Rich is our butler and he couldn’t be any better. Now for the truley grat part, our ranger, Justin and the tracker, Willies couldn’t be any better. We saw the big 5 on the first drive. They couldn’t be nicer and are able to find animals out of nowhere. I can’t say enough good things about them. This is a truly special lodge and anyone who is thinking of visiting The Sabi Sands should really try to stay here. It’s my last full day after 3 days here and I’m so sorry to be leaving tomorrow. I. was worried that I would be bored between the morning and evening drives and I couldn’t have been more wrong. It’s so relaxing to sit on th back porch. Weave just completed our 6th ride which I also thought would get to be boring. OMG was I wrong. We have two more left and I can’t wait. there is always something new to see. Having only 6 people in the vehicle is great. We have also met some great new friends her who are driving with us. Do yourself a favor and stay here, you won’t regret a minute of it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi there dentalexel, thank-you so much for taking the time to leave this review of Simbambili Lodge! I'm so glad that you were never bored - I think this is a common thought first-time safari-goers have :) Looking forward to seeing you back with us again some day.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Simbambili is a private game lodge in the middle of Sabi Sands region in South Africa. If you want a real luxury safari experience, you should try Simbambili. From the arrival to the farewell, the Simbambili team will treat you like superstars. The food is spectacular, our tracker and ranger where amazing and very professional. Every room has a pool and is enourmous in size, wonderful decor.

Room Tip: any bungalow is fantastic.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Candice W, Guest Relations Manager at Simbambili Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Hi LMVoyageur, thank-you so much for leaving this review for Simbabmili Lodge! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time here with us. Hope to see you back again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This was such an enjoyable stay. The staff was amazing, the guides were extremely knowledgeable and friendly, the accommodations were awesome. Great food, everyone was really nice. There are a lot of choices in this area, but the small, boutique-style accommodations make this venue special. Highly recommended for couples. Might not be the best for kids as they might get bored.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Gabriel R, thank-you so much for leaving this review for Simbambili Lodge, we really appreciate it.